Food and farming sector makes post-Brexit demands
The food and farming industry wants assurances from the government that it will still be able to recruit enough staff from the EU after Brexit.
The demand came as part of a manifesto drawn up by more than 100 organisations across the industry and sent to the PM.
It urges the government to publish a white paper setting out its immigration plans "as a matter of priority".
A government spokesperson said those in the sector would be able to recruit EU citizens until December 2020.
Those in the farming industry have previously raised concerns about the impact of leaving the European... read more
- 14:30 Adorable Oystercatcher chick rescued from 6ft deep Yorkshire drain
- 14:30 Open garden event at stunning Ribble Valley home
- 14:29 Expect the unexpected!: Pendle road safety group's awareness event...
- 14:29 The Real Schools Guide: Search for your secondary school
- 14:29 Concern for man who has gone missing while visiting Leicester
- 14:29 Can you get out of the car if you're stuck in a motorway jam? The...
- 14:29 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:28 Wave of support for conservation
- 14:28 Man to face trial over Roker Avenue rape allegation
- 14:28 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Leeds mum accused of allowing son to ‘rot to death’ tells jury: ‘I...
- 14:27 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:27 Ice cream doesn’t actually cool you down (so here’s what to do in...
- 14:27 Donald Trump blasts restaurant that booted out his press secretary
- 14:26 Mud and rain are part of festival season – sexual harassment and...
- 14:26 Soap stars scouted out to be skills ambassadors
- 14:26 Harley-Davidson to shift some production out of US over EU tariffs
- 14:26 Oil firm headed by Tory donor refused to pay £14m consultancy bill
- 14:25 Drunk who threatened to chop off teenager’s fingers with meat...
- 14:25 Friars Square has the best shopping centre security team in the...
- 14:24 Male students in England and Wales more likely to kill themselves
- 14:24 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:23 Barcelona transfer news: Antoine Griezmann snub theory discussed by...
- 14:23 Anger over alleged bus fare increases across Sheffield
- 14:23 How hot does it have to be before you can legally leave work?
- 14:22 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'
- 14:22 HS2 protestor locks minister in Kenilworth farm during 'green...
- 14:22 Open garden event at stunning Ribble Valley home
- 14:21 Why Gavin Williamson is blackmailing Theresa May with a £20bn threat
- 14:21 Romance fraud victim from Derbyshire 'considered committing suicide'