Focus on retail and impact of mild weather
The retail sector will be firmly in the spotlight as corporate updates from the likes of Asos and Debenhams give further clues of the impact that the mild autumn weather has had on the sector.
Given that there are suspicions that a single unseasonably warm month has been used to cover deeper problems on the high street, a few competitors who have already reported will be hoping that numbers from the likes of Debenhams back them up.
At least official figures are likely to confirm survey evidence that September was a bad month for shops, particularly those involved in clothing.
Over on the... read more
- 05:06 East Midlands Airport passengers furious as flights depart without...
- 04:44 China's second quarter growth meets expectations at 6.7%
- 04:14 Spaceport receives go-ahead on Scottish peninsula
- 03:59 Shipwrecks at Tankerton and Camber Sands to be protected
- 03:52 Sharp Objects recap: season one, episode two – Dirt
- 03:38 Trump-Putin summit: US leader cautious ahead of Helsinki talks
- 03:25 Italy allows migrants to land in Sicily
- 03:25 Casino project will offer Japan's addicts a new way to lose
- 03:24 Chelsea board send message to Eden Hazard over Real Madrid transfer
- 02:51 Labor MP Michael Danby's preselection meeting undemocratic,...
- 02:51 Valentine's day of reckoning
- 02:51 Giro Rosa won by Australian team Mitchelton-Scott
- 02:51 N’Golo Kante’s reaction is superb as France players sing his name...
- 02:51 Nicaragua troops raid towns in south
- 02:51 Top 10 Burton restaurants according to TripAdvisor
- 02:14 Gillespie Macandrew hails year of growth
- 02:14 Hulk Hogan ‘hugged and cheered’ by wrestlers following WWE return...
- 02:14 Comment: Attracting leaders will put Scotland on the world stage
- 02:08 'Lost' Gustav Holst score returned to UK after 100 years
- 02:03 UK will lose track of many EU migrants after Brexit - report
- 01:47 Jaguar kills eight other animals after escaping from zoo enclosure
- 01:46 Military spouses set up skills base in Fife
- 01:27 Plan for multi-million pound transformation of Garth Lane site into...
- 01:27 The Yankee Candle shoplifter who was knocked down as she fled...
- 01:14 CCTV reveals explosive device thrown at home of Gerry Adams
- 01:04 Margaret Fulton's Basque chicken recipe
- 00:54 North Korea to resume search for US military remains
- 00:47 Trump-Putin summit: Why is it a big deal?
- 00:47 Higher Sunday roadworks speed limit tested
- 00:46 Female workers to earn £74k less than male peers, research reveals