Fly-tipping blamed as Burslem alleyway blaze spreads to garage
FLY-TIPPING has been cited as the cause of an alleyway fire that spread to a garage.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said it was called to an incident on Murhall Street in Burslem at 1.15am today.
A spokesman said it believed rubbish in the alleyway had been set fire to deliberately, with the blaze spreading to a garden fence and a garage.
The fire was extinguished and the appliance from Newcastle fire station left the scene at around 2.15am.
A spokesman said: "If we hadn't got to the scene it could have spread to the house."
- 08:01 MP says no jobs will go as Interserve building A63 footbridge in...
- 08:00 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 08:00 Brexit appeal to Guy Fawkes raises smile in Warwickshire village
- 08:00 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 08:00 Concerns for safety of missing Halifax man
- 07:59 Woman with cancer stays positive by cosplaying as pop culture icons
- 07:58 Chelsea takeover: will Britain’s richest man buy the Blues?
- 07:58 Coalition launches elder abuse crackdown and new national hotline
- 07:57 Moment paedo-hunting cops catch pervert with 54,000 pictures of...
- 07:57 Petition to unseat lying MP Fiona Onasanya jailed for speeding offence
- 07:57 Jeremy Corbyn ‘ready to stand down’ because he is ‘tired and fed up’
- 07:57 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 07:56 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 07:56 Fears for 12-year-old missing for two days
- 07:54 easyJet launches FOUR new summer routes from Manchester Airport
- 07:54 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 07:52 'Huge rail hub near Hinckley will have negative impact', Blaby...
- 07:52 Calls for 20mph limit to tackle speeding issue in Ellington
- 07:51 Collision closes one lane of A38 near Derby
- 07:49 Ronnie O’Sullivan makes major Roger Federer claim as he discusses...
- 07:49 Sunderland’s Emily hopes to be hailed a tourism superstar for her...
- 07:49 Police re-open Sheffield street but cordon remains in place where...
- 07:49 How cheeky card lets Sunderland AFC fans say sorry for spending...
- 07:49 Emergency services called to Sunderland's Wearmouth Bridge
- 07:49 Why section of Elland bypass speed limit has been cut to 30mph
- 07:49 Here's where roadworks are taking place in Calderdale this week
- 07:48 Plans to freeze the cost of car parking in Blackpool welcomed
- 07:48 Most dangerous road in the Black Country for cyclists revealed
- 07:48 Dudley Castle is becoming an open air cinema for two nights only -...
- 07:48 John McGinn on the player who has influenced his career and what he...