Flooding hotspot at Lake District train station removed as part of refurbishment project
As part of the Great North Rail Project, Network Rail's Team Orange engineers have refurbished the 30m deep Victorian pond above the entrance to Oxenholme station.
The area of land where the pond sits is not owned or registered, the Land Registry confirm, meaning it has not been maintained over the years.
During flooding it frequently floods causing havoc for customers and taxi drivers.
Network Rail's drainage work began in November 2017 and was completed at the start of this year.
John Winstanley, senior asset manager at Network Rail, said: "As well as making flooding to the station... read more
- 11:25 Manchester United’s Alex Greenwood: ‘Casey knows how to get the...
- 11:24 Church awarded £800 to help bolster congregation
- 11:23 Updates as heavy police presence ahead of Grimsby Town v Lincoln...
- 11:22 Overseas students and tourists are being targeted by scammers who...
- 11:20 Uninsured drink driver gets car seized in Chesterfield
- 11:19 Former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan dies aged 80
- 11:15 Britney Spears fans brave the rain to see Scarborough show... ahead...
- 11:15 Overseas students and tourists are being targeted by scammers who...
- 11:14 Overseas students and tourists are being targeted by scammers who...
- 11:14 Genoa bridge collapse: thousands attend state funeral for victims
- 11:14 World Cup fever is icing on cake
- 11:11 Masked gang steals tools worth £30k in midnight ram-raid at Market...
- 11:11 Wigton Baths plans met with eager anticipation
- 11:11 Wakefield’s Forgotten Women: The Gissing sisters left an indelible...
- 11:11 Congratulations to a diamond couple who are ‘keeping happy’
- 11:10 Drug addict thief Rory O’Gorman is jailed after social media...
- 11:09 Wirral man fighting for his life after Las Vegas driver 'runs red...
- 11:08 ‘Chicken is where it's at’: the unstoppable rise of KFC
- 11:08 My girlfriend and I thought she had appendicitis – then she gave birth
- 11:06 I’m disappointed when straight actors are cast in gay roles but...
- 11:06 Man charged after police officers hurt in Newham
- 11:06 Pair escapes as Uber plunges into sea in Cannes
- 11:04 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho sent fierce transfer warning over...
- 11:03 Skyscanner reveals the best time to book cheap Christmas flights
- 11:01 The best places to live in Birmingham
- 10:58 Former UN chief Kofi Annan dies aged 80
- 10:58 Kofi Annan, former UN secretary general, dies
- 10:57 The One Show is looking for Hull people who love their hot tub
- 10:56 Former United Nations chief Kofi Annan dies aged 80
- 10:56 Ian McEwan: ‘I despise lying, ideological Brexiters’