Five things urgently required for Zimbabwe’s economy to work
Current events in Zimbabwe show that while a week may be a long time in politics, it is really a very short blink of an eye in economics. Zimbabweans on the streets of Harare and Bulawayo may be hopeful for political change, but they are much more sanguine and realistic when it comes to improving the country's economy.
Presidents can be impeached in days or weeks. It takes years to wreck economies and usually even longer to repair them.
So, will Emmerson Mnangagwa be able to take Zimbabwe's economy off life support and at least start to put it on the road to recovery? Analysts are very... read more
- 14:58 Rejection on the cards for new homes in seaside village
- 14:58 Housing on former school site before councillors for decision
- 14:58 Kelso High School memories are brought to book
- 14:58 Get voting and let's bring home the gold to Northumberland
- 14:57 Roadworks warning: Where to expect delays on Wednesday, September...
- 14:56 Ryanair refuse to let Chinese woman fly leaving her stranded at...
- 14:55 Hacking disability: The woman revolutionising the wheelchair
- 14:55 Anti-doping rift deepens as agencies turn on Wada over Russia...
- 14:54 Livingston’s Optoscribe raises £2.8m funding
- 14:53 Thug smashes into car with metal bar and beats up driver sat inside
- 14:51 China escalates trade war with Donald Trump by slapping $60billion...
- 14:51 ‘Spiked’ student jumped from window naked ‘after hallucinating room...
- 14:50 Maduro's Turkish feast sparks outrage as Venezuelans go hungry
- 14:50 Violence in Cameroon’s anglophone regions ‘spiralling out of control’
- 14:50 Burkina Faso mass botched FGM leaves 50 girls hospitalised
- 14:50 China hits back at US with $60bn of new tariffs
- 14:50 72-year-old Bulwell man jailed for eight years after stabbing a man...
- 14:50 Scottish photographer snaps wild red squirrel pushing trolley of nuts
- 14:49 Vince Cable tells Labour to ditch Jeremy Corbyn and moderate MPs to...
- 14:49 Our Most Brilliant Barry…
- 14:47 Northern Rail passenger slapped with £20 fine for not having ticket...
- 14:46 Hartlepool pier cordoned off after man's death
- 14:46 New documents shed light on Shakespeare’s life
- 14:45 A backpacker’s guide to Chile: a one-month itinerary
- 14:45 Woodcote ram-raiders escape with stolen Lambrini
- 14:44 Good Beer Guide 2019: These are what it says are Doncaster’s 20...
- 14:44 Our Most Brilliant Barry…
- 14:44 German carmakers face EU anti-trust inquiry over emissions
- 14:44 Wheelchair granny turned neighbours into slaves and beat them with...
- 14:43 Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe 'taken to hospital over health fears'