Five dogs died and a woman suffered burns in a County Durham kennel fire
Five dogs died and a woman suffered burns after a fire at a County Durham kennel .
Firefighters were called to a burning shed next to a house on Low Jobs Hill, near Crook, on Monday at around 11.30am.
Three of the dogs have been named as Max, Mitch and Jackson.
They, along with two others, were killed in the fire, despite a volunteer’s best attempts to save them.
It is understood the woman needs skin grafts for her injuries.
Andy Bruce, group manager at County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service , said: “It was initially reported as a barn fire and then it was ‘persons reported... read more
- 09:45 Police appeal after girl, 19, assaulted by man in Carlisle street
- 09:43 Leamington woman with footballer's name stars in TV World Cup adverts
- 09:42 Scientists aim to stop the devastation of Zika-like pandemics
- 09:41 Interview: Kevin Linfoot back in the property game
- 09:39 Chesterfield’s hour-by-hour weather forecast
- 09:34 Once you see Cats in Food, you’ll struggle to un-see them
- 09:33 Kettering mental health charity handed a £3,000 boost
- 09:32 Saudi Arabian women celebrate as driving ban lifted
- 09:26 History society book launched at Southfield House
- 09:25 Private schools shun GCSEs and A-levels
- 09:20 Manchester United signing Fred scores wonder goal in Brazil training
- 09:20 Why do footballers spit?
- 09:19 Saviour and sultan, ally and foe – west in a bind over Erdoğan
- 09:19 Born out of brutality, South Sudan, the world’s youngest state,...
- 09:18 Huge fire in Birmingham: 75 firefighters called to severe blaze in...
- 09:17 Lincolnshire’s fire stations to host blood donation sessions
- 09:16 Harborough Bake Off star to appear at feast for food lovers!
- 09:15 Manchester’s been crowned ‘the world’s wildest city’
- 09:15 Ladies, let this woman teach you to ‘shoot your shot’
- 09:14 Three arrested over stabbing of boy, 15, at birthday party
- 09:11 Uttoxeter commuters promised more rush-hour trains in rail shake-up
- 09:08 Latest news from Berwick Civic Society
- 09:06 Can you solve it? Are you smarter than a maths jammer?
- 09:04 Saudi women in the driver’s seat as ban finally ends
- 09:04 Happy faces at St John’s Priory School’s Race for Life
- 09:03 "Encouraging others to support the town of Halifax "
- 09:01 'I didn't want to be 50 and fat!' - Burton mum kicked her snacking...
- 08:59 MSPs suggest text alerts could be sent to remind accused to show up...
- 08:58 Road in Eastwood closed over concerns for man’s safety
- 08:57 Ant McPartlin's ex-wife Lisa Armstrong threw his new lover out the...