First Man has lift-off: Damien Chazelle on out-of-this-world new film
Oscar-winning director Damien Chazelle is following up his huge hit La La Land with what he describes as "an origin story for a real-life superhero."
The hero in question is Neil Armstrong, and the story is how he came to be the first man to walk on the moon.
First Man, the trailer for which debuts on Saturday, sees Chazelle reunite with La La Land star Ryan Gosling in the lead role.
Chazelle tells BBC News he wanted to explore just how radical the mission seemed back in the 1960s.
'It was superhuman' Chazelle, 33, wrote the script after shooting his directorial debut Whiplash,... read more
- 05:21 Rowleys marks 135 years as Leicestershire’s longest established...
- 05:17 Fighting school holiday hunger in Birkenhead
- 05:10 Report claims 4x4 vehicles are causing 'systematic damage' to the...
- 05:10 Disabled pensioners says it is impossible to cross Jubilee Bridge...
- 05:10 Rusland Show returns for 'brilliant' 135th year
- 05:05 Second Brexit referendum 'the only way', says Coventry Lib Dem
- 05:05 Revealed: Number of unqualified teachers in Coventry schools
- 05:04 Australian military help rescue survivors of Solomon Islands attack...
- 05:04 Russian presence divides Czechs 50 years after Prague Spring
- 05:03 Report claims 4x4 vehicles are causing 'systematic damage' to the...
- 05:03 How you could have lung cancer - without any symptoms at all
- 05:01 Highly contagious fatal fish virus found at two Lincolnshire lakes
- 05:01 2,300 pieces of criminal property allegedly found at shop on coast
- 04:53 Minimum wage crisis as families fall £49 a week short of providing...
- 04:53 We must legalise, regulate and educate on drugs to help kids...
- 04:53 Driver's 12-hour search after Scottish Power move his Mercedes to...
- 04:53 Glasgow City Council demand Hampden remains National Stadium in...
- 04:49 Hospital safety improvements could save $1.5bn a year, health...
- 04:49 Kindergarten dresses children as jihadists for parade in Indonesia
- 04:47 Crazy Rich Asians tops US box office in weekend debut
- 04:30 California wildfires: Ferguson Fire near Yosemite contained
- 04:07 'Stupid' driver who did 140mph during M1 chase only had provisional...
- 04:07 Leicester gang tried to smuggle 5 MILLION illegal cigarettes into UK
- 03:21 Malcolm Turnbull says Peter Dutton has given him 'absolute support'
- 02:56 Nauru hunger strike: Border Force abandons multiple attempts to...
- 02:56 Sinking Leeds United crash to another defeat at Brentford
- 02:55 Burt Reynolds regrets turning down James Bond and Star Wars but...
- 02:47 Black Country drug dealer forced to pay back £60,000
- 02:37 North Korea to host emotional family reunions
- 02:37 Kerala floods: Relief teams rescue 22,000 as rains ease