Firm fined £70,000 after health and safety breaches led to worker's death
A Widnes waste processing company was fined £70,000 after a worker was crushed to death.
Liverpool Crown Court heard how on March 1, Fresco Environmental Ltd employee Kevin Wright was processing waste carpet to be re-baled when one of the bales fell from a stack and landed on him, causing injuries from which he later died.
At the time, flowers were left at the firm’s gates on Everite Road and tributes poured in online to the 27-year-old.
An investigation by the Health And Safety Executive (HSE) found the company ‘failed to ensure’ proper controls were in place to reduce the risk of bales... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle