Firefighters rescue three guinea pigs and a budgie from a blaze in Sunderland



Three guinea pigs and a budgie had to be rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out in a Sunderland home.
At lunchtime today crews from Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service were called to a blaze at a home in New Herrington.
The cause of the fire, which was in the conservatory of the home, is believed to have been caused by a lighted candle being left unattended.
A spokesman for the brigade, which was called at 12.11pm today, said fortunately smoke alarms alerted the occupants to the blaze.
He said: "Our crews rescued three guinea pigs and a budgie.
"If you like candles... read more

 
Sunday, 15:42 in Regional North East, Views: 43
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31