Final push to raise £20,000 for Leeds toddler with rare degenerative disorder
A Leeds mother has spoken of her struggle after her three-year-old daughter was diagnosed with a rare, degenerative disorder – as the family prepare for a drugs trial in America offered to only 15 children worldwide. Zoe Lightfoot has infantile neuroaxonal dystrophy (INAD), a condition which means an affected child usually dies between the ages of five and 10.
She was diagnosed in April after an MRI brain scan in January revealed significant brain damage and cerebellar atrophy.
The part of the brain that affects balance and co-ordination, speech and swallowing had formed normally as a baby,... read more
- 05:25 The 'dog whistling' on immigration must stop, Bill Shorten says
- 05:22 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:18 Indonesia election mired in claims of foreign hacking and 'ghost'...
- 05:18 'I was raised an American': Liberians await possible deportation...
- 05:18 Exit Brussels? The UK civil servants under a fog of uncertainty
- 05:16 ‘Fine, dry and mild’ in today’s weather- well, it’s about time
- 05:16 Capital’s Bruce Group eyes Central Belt pubs on back of £20m bond bid
- 05:02 KCOM call centre worker steals £16,000 and blows it on food and...
- 05:00 Nigel Farage will not be marching through Retford area as part of...
- 05:00 Used wet wipes and unwanted sofas - the bizarre rubbish dumped in...
- 05:00 Number of peeping toms and flashers reported to police on the rise
- 04:58 Newborn baby found in Oxford hospital toilets
- 04:56 Tragic Glasgow dad hit headlines as football mobile phone thief...
- 04:56 Community sickened by horrific slashing of vulnerable Scot in...
- 04:52 Christchurch shootings: Ardern vows never to say suspect's name
- 04:50 A celebration of Scotland's Munros and the man who listed them
- 04:50 NHS infection and safety inquiry begins at Holyrood
- 04:50 Emiliano Sala plane crash: Call to investigate more flights
- 04:50 Syrian refugees in Aberystwyth set up pop-up restaurants
- 04:41 The 24 roads where speed limits are changing in Leicestershire
- 04:41 Should drink drivers be 'named and shamed' by police?
- 04:26 Christchurch shooting: Australia PM calls for social media crackdown
- 04:26 Students at university who are inspiring younger siblings
- 04:17 'I don't agree' Dean Smith's response to player's claim and key...
- 04:17 Birmingham City await crucial development as midfielder sends...
- 04:17 Europa League questions answered as Wolves loanee produces late...
- 04:17 West Brom to end manager hunt as popular midfielder opens up on...
- 04:13 Labor signals it won't use Kyoto credits in final emissions policy
- 04:13 'Broke up with sleep': Cory Booker exposed as addicted to coffee jokes
- 04:02 Smack The Pony: Amanda Holden was first choice for show