Final day for talks to resolve row over new contract for junior doctors
Talks aimed at resolving a dispute over a new contract for junior doctors are entering their final agreed day.
Leaders from the British Medical Association (BMA) and the Government have been meeting all week to try to break the deadlock and prevent a fresh round of strikes.
There are hopes on both sides that a final agreement can be reached that deals with the crucial issue of Saturday pay.
It is possible that talks could extend beyond tonight if both sides feel progress is being made.
The BMA has said any deal would need to be put before junior doctors in a ballot, though that is expected... read more
- 06:02 The Alton Towers tips, tricks and hacks you need to know before you go
- 20:54 Emergency services deal with crash on important Carlisle road
- 20:54 Dalton teenager fined for possessing cannabis
- 20:54 Amazon customers warned of scam emails
- 20:54 Sky takes on Netflix and Amazon with cheaper streaming
- 20:54 Two tonnes cocaine seized off Cornwall is one of the largest ever...
- 05:49 'Trade war a reality' French finance minister warns
- 05:51 Liam Boyce and Burton Albion can 'sharpen up' after Aston Villa defeat
- 20:54 Dog-owner sparks danger warning from vet after finding rat poison...
- 20:54 YP Letters: Cyclists’ behaviour ruining joys of countryside
- 05:51 Euan McColm: Barnier rebuff should shut Boris’s cakehole
- 20:54 Eden Food & Farming Festival kicks off week of festivities with...
- 20:54 Little Hull girl writes to Santa asking him not to give her any...
- 05:49 This week shows you can NEVER write off Joe Anderson - but will he...
- 06:02 Forza Horizon 4: map, trailers and release date
- 20:54 Man arrested after crash in South Yorkshire leaves 24-year-old...
- 20:54 Work starts on improving village centre
- 05:49 Firefighters tackle Hathersage fire
- 05:51 Nostalgia: Do you recognise these Louth dancers?
- 06:02 The unbelievable reason why a driver abandoned their car on the M1...
- 20:54 121 killed in Greek air crash
- 20:54 Parking officer ‘waits for drivers to leave car park before giving...
- 05:49 How Netflix went from pioneer to powerhouse
- 05:51 Shadow ‘sensible’ party in bid to ambush Brexit
- 20:54 Disbelief as Northern cancellations see 400 per cent spike in one...
- 20:54 London Swing Orchestra to play concert for Mind in West Cumbria
- 20:54 YP Letters: Putting into words what Brexit really means to the UK
- 20:54 Virgin TV is losing these 10 channels - here's why
- 05:49 Remembering Tiffany's nightclub in Grimsby when 1,800 people used...
- 20:54 Murder probe launched after house fire