Fifty years since Coventry welcomed John Lennon and Yoko Ono
Fifty years has passed since John Lennon and Yoko Ono came to Coventry Cathedral to plant two acorns for a living art sculpture.
The visit cemented a special moment in Coventry’s music history – not least because the acorns were eventually stolen.
Coventry Music Museum hosted a day to commemorate the event, on June 15.
The museum’s poet in residence, Nick Nibb, created a new poem about the stealing of the acorns, while local musician Chris Sidwell, as John Lennon, and Coventry ambassador Marie Allen, as Yoko Ono, made an entry as the famous couple – acorns in hand.
They sang Norwegian Wood,... read more
- 12:10 Lesson in world culture for Boston pupils in 2008
- 12:09 Motorist abandons broken down car on M1 in South Yorkshire
- 12:09 Two people cut free from three vehicle crash near Lincoln leading...
- 12:07 Barrow council refuses to provide support services for Universal...
- 12:07 Wasps weekly: Jimmy Gopperth, Brad Shields, James Haskell, Ricoh...
- 12:07 FGH celebrate the generosity of Barrow woman
- 12:07 Rookie defender signs first professional contract with Coventry City
- 12:07 Ask an expert: what foods should i give my weaning baby?
- 12:07 Swimming safety a top concern for Bootle community
- 12:07 Former Southampton trainee signs professional deal with Coventry City
- 12:07 Fire bosses ask parents to educate kids on kitchen safety this summer
- 12:07 Coventry City snap up two players as Dujon Sterling opens up on...
- 12:07 Thomasina Miers’ recipe for green bean and new potato ‘tonnato’ salad
- 12:07 How best to repot a houseplant
- 12:07 Tamal Ray’s recipe for white nougat with dried apricot and cherry
- 12:05 Tour de France 2018: stage 14 – live!
- 12:01 Savvy pupils turn disused block into business hub
- 12:00 BREAKING: Body found in Skegness park
- 11:59 Yorkshire Regiment’s freedom march through Wakefield
- 11:56 The Nostalgia column with Margaret Watson
- 11:55 20 firefighters and five appliances tackle Carlisle farm building fire
- 11:55 F1 2018 driver salaries: Lewis Hamilton not best paid despite new...
- 11:55 The Open 2018: third round – live!
- 11:54 Toblerone: Bar to revert to original shape
- 11:53 Arsenal signing Lucas Torreira practices free-kicks on holiday with...
- 11:53 IBF boxing champion Josh Warrington gets Leeds Civic Hall reception
- 11:53 Second youth charged after shots are fired at house in Leeds
- 11:52 Residents were at risk in Wigan care home
- 11:52 City of Culture bid plans underway in Lancashire
- 11:52 Work starts on bridge damaged by Storm Desmond