Fears of a 'trek for miles' just to find a cash machine as Link looks to thin out free-to-use ATMs to boost profitability
Consumer group Which? is warning against an industry move to curtail the number of cash machines countrywide.
This Wednesday, Link, the country’s largest network of cash machines, will confirm the fees operators will be able to levy when a customer of a competing bank uses one of its hole-in-the-walls.
It is likely the charge – paid by the bank, not the customer – will come down from an average of 25p to 20p over a period of four years with the first cut of 0.7 pence taking effect as early as June.
The reduction is likely to result in independent cash machine operators scaling back their... read more
- 04:56 Wall Street millionaire scoops top prizes at World Pipe Band Champs...
- 04:56 Demi Lovato painkiller warning as drug deaths linked to...
- 04:41 Turnbull sets out power price fix to stay ahead of Coalition rebellion
- 04:36 'Free Walkers crisps' scam circulating on WhatsApp - here's what to...
- 04:06 Leicestershire Police officer who sexually abused teenage girl to...
- 03:40 Victorian Labor offers half-priced solar panels for homeowners in...
- 03:22 A lost rivalry returns: Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic chase...
- 03:12 Brexit: Government to publish no-deal advice on Thursday
- 02:18 US-Turkey row: Pastor a 'pawn in personal feud'
- 02:18 Ecuador tightens entry rules for Venezuelan migrants
- 01:54 Child passive smoking 'increases chronic lung risk'
- 01:48 Aston Villa's Marc Albrighton keeps feet on ground in hometown...
- 01:30 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 01:06 Resilient travel agents fight back against Airbnb
- 00:59 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:59 Observer sudoku
- 00:57 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:57 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:54 How quinoa is changing farmers' lives in Peru
- 00:52 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:50 West Yorkshire Police makes £1.8m selling uninsured cars: Porsches,...
- 00:50 Vintage bikes theft anguish
- 00:50 Middlesex v Yorkshire: As it happened
- 00:48 Join the latest craze as zero-alcohol spirits are taking Britain's...
- 00:48 The A-word: Bonnie Estridge has Alzheimer's... but life goes on
- 00:43 Yemi Osinbajo: Why Nigeria's favourite leader won't become...
- 00:40 Video: Crowd waits for Paloma at Rasen racecourse
- 00:40 Former Louth & Horncastle MP, Sir Peter Tapsell, dies aged 88
- 00:39 Obituary: Bui Tin, the reporter who changed his country's fate
- 00:36 Idris Elba: ‘My ambition is boundless’