Farming red tape to be cut back in shake-up
A major simplification of the way the Government regulates farming has been proposed in an interim report from a group commissioned by Michael Gove.
The Environment Secretary – who has cancelled a visit to the Great Yorkshire Show today, with Farming Minister George Eustice taking his place – said the report was a chance to “build a new relationship between farmers and regulators” in the post-Brexit world, and said the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy had “imposed an extra bureaucratic headache on farmers, with no room to recognise innovation or good intent”.
The report from Dame Glenys... read more
- 02:41 Sheffield bomber crash: Fly-past due on 75th anniversary
- 02:21 Michael Owen’s Premier League predictions including Man Utd v...
- 02:17 Cyclone Oma eases but Queensland and NSW weather warnings remain
- 02:14 Festival with real WOW factor
- 02:06 What would happen to European travel plans after a no-deal Brexit?
- 02:03 Dave Hanna, former Queensland union boss, found guilty of rape
- 01:59 #MeToo Oscars: Why aren't there more female directors?
- 01:53 The students recycling clothes for London Fashion Week
- 01:47 North Korea appeals for food aid as regime cuts rations due to...
- 01:45 The murderer who's opening a youth centre
- 01:45 Quiz of the Week: Who popped the question?
- 01:45 Daryl Gurney hails ‘real class act’ Michael Smith for Premier...
- 01:27 Government faces High Court action over children's rights
- 01:17 Fears for Uighur comedian missing amid crackdown on cultural figures
- 01:17 Japan’s Hayabusa 2 successfully touches down on Ryugu asteroid
- 01:14 PTSD affects 'one in 13 by age of 18'
- 01:14 Brexit: Theresa May warned dozens of Tories could rebel over no-deal
- 01:04 James Gargasoulas jailed for life over Bourke Street massacre
- 01:02 Sudoku 4,302 hard
- 01:02 Melbourne car rampage: James Gargasoulas jailed for six murders
- 00:57 Anthem video game set for tough debut
- 00:49 Bill Carmichael: Why the odds are stil stacked against the...
- 00:48 Okinawa referendum: everything you need to know
- 00:44 Rory McIlroy sets off with a bang to lead WGC-Mexico Championship
- 00:44 Natalie Bennett: Why Independents and their rebel alliance will...
- 00:42 'Historical Google Earth' project captures a changing Britain
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: A fitting flypast – Sheffield remembers...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: Answers please – main parties must respond...
- 00:40 The Yorkshire Post says: All change on climate policy as Humber’s...
- 00:40 Caroline Flint: How small changes to transport could make a big...