Farm walks to showcase energy crops
South Lincolnshire growers looking for a more secure, long-term arable solution have a chance to find out about growing an energy crop.
With wheat prices continuing to plummet, arable farmers are increasingly considering miscanthus, according to Terravesta chairman William Cracroft-Eley.
Now the company has organised free ‘miscanthus walks’ in north Lincolnshire to showcase the commercial and operational rewards of the crop to potential growers.
The Lincolnshire farm walks will take place from September 30 to October 3 in Hackthorn, with a further two events in Northamptonshire.
Growers... read more
- 01:40 The secret life of a fantasy shopper
- 01:40 London violence: 'Concerns' over crime reduction plan
- 01:40 Ambulance vandalism: Bins and scooters used in attacks
- 01:40 Josh Clayton's mother blames police for 'three years of torment'
- 01:28 Mobile phones to be banned in NSW public primary schools
- 01:28 Nancy Pelosi on track to become House speaker after agreeing to...
- 01:23 Stratford MP reacts to Prime Minister May’s survival
- 01:16 David Dimbleby's 25 years on Question Time
- 01:12 Morrison government announces new federal anti-corruption commission
- 00:58 How MPs reacted to Theresa May's no confidence vote victory
- 00:55 Restaurant dishes 'contain more calories than fast-food meals'
- 00:55 Lake Titicaca: Underwater museum brings hope to shores
- 00:55 Strasbourg shooting: Face to face with gunman
- 00:55 Trump Russia affair: Key questions answered
- 00:52 England's primary school league tables to be published
- 00:50 With three D grades at A-level, 80% got university places
- 00:47 Les Misérables with 'contemporary relevance' to air on BBC
- 00:47 BBC's new EastEnders set over budget by £27m, watchdog finds
- 00:43 Nick Philippoussis child rape charges dropped after stroke
- 00:43 Jayne Dowle: Stop playing political games and start waking up to...
- 00:40 Briefing battle begins over meaning of May's victory
- 00:37 The Yorkshire Post says: Back in the real world – how, thanks to...
- 00:30 'If the factory closes what could I afford to eat?'
- 00:30 Marmite sprouts? Why retailers are pushing the boundaries with...
- 00:30 Hamleys pulls slime toy amid safety fears
- 00:30 Why are there so many pre Christmas sales?
- 00:27 Jail for Brighouse knife man who attacked two men in Wyke
- 00:25 Injured Aaron Mooy ruled out of Socceroos' Asian Cup defence
- 00:25 José Mourinho: we missed out at Valencia but it’s still been a success
- 00:24 Labour veteran Dennis Skinner accused of calling SNP MP ‘a piece of...