Jeremy Corbyn leads tributes to ‘wise and witty’ former Morning Star editor Bill Benfield
LABOUR leader Jeremy Corbyn has led tributes in honour of the Morning Star’s “wise and witty” former editor Bill Benfield who sadly passed away yesterday.
Mr Benfield, who edited the paper for three years from January 2009, died in the early hours aged 69 after a long-running battle with a respiratory illness.
“The passing of Bill is very sad,” said Mr Corbyn who described him as “a real stalwart of socialist journalism,” writing on all the subjects that many other papers would not touch.
“Reading... read more
- 13:13 Real snow Santa's grotto at Chill Factore – here's how to get tickets
- 12:57 First TV election debate: five things to look out for tonight
- 12:36 Council agrees new measures to tackle climate change
- 12:36 Stratford juniors secure best ever cross country result at Warley...
- 12:03 Aliens are ‘switching our nuclear weapons on and off’, says lobbyist
- 11:49 Sai Aletaha: Fatally hurt MMA fighter was 'liked by everyone'
- 11:03 Six things we learned from Prince Andrew’s ‘disastrous’ Jeffrey...
- 10:36 Family of Lichfield teenager reveal “devastation” after Friary...
- 10:36 Lichfield woman thanks charity for helping her find work as she...
- 10:25 Girl, 7, writes to Father Christmas asking for a home and food
- 10:00 Spark in Burntwood to host fundraising Christmas fair
- 09:29 Radcliffe sexual assault images released
- 08:16 Will Young and James Morrison confirmed for outdoor concert near...
- 06:35 Amateur MMA fighter Sai Aletaha dies after Southampton match injury
- 02:02 What is Jeremy Corbyn’s nuclear weapons policy?