Family’s tribute to remember Scarborough railway worker
A Scarborough man has paid tribute to his father at North Bay Railway.
Andrew Redpath organised for a bench to be placed at the railway in memory of his late father, Jim Redpath, who worked there for over 30 years.
On his visit back to Scarborough, Andrew, who now lives in Devon, said his father would have been pleased to see the railway in good hands and doing so well.
“The high standard of maintenance, the friendly, enthusiastic staff and the addition of a steam locomotive, all confirm the North Bay Railway as an important visitor attraction for Scarborough.
“Its present manager, Steve... read more
- 03:00 Axe-wielding man jailed following Derbyshire pub fight
- 02:27 This is the latest high street chain set to open a store in...
- 02:27 Who’s been sentenced at Northampton Magistrates’ Court
- 01:36 Tom Richmond: Dodging urgent questions on Universal Credit – Esther...
- 01:33 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:31 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:16 One Nigerian woman's mission to save Lagos beaches and turtles from...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: A shop window. The true value of...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: The national interest. One Yorkshire...
- 01:07 Birmingham wall collapse death families 'await answers'
- 01:07 Rose-coloured starling watchers descend on house near Norwich
- 01:04 Chelsea to thrash Man Utd, Wembley embarrassment, West Ham impress...
- 01:04 Chelsea vs Man United: Maurizio Sarri makes surprise admission...
- 01:03 Woman turns to Facebook to find a sperm donor
- 01:03 Chris Pine kept up Scottish accent after filming
- 01:03 Living outside Scottish cities 'saves money'
- 01:03 Jasmine Rook: Falmouth student and transgender campaigner took own...
- 01:03 Wrong-name Cambridge Half Marathon winner can re-apply
- 00:57 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:57 Facebook fake review factories uncovered by Which? investigation
- 00:57 The People’s Vote march: when, where and why it is happening
- 00:52 Fake moon: Could China really light up the night sky?
- 00:52 Mission to Mercury: BepiColombo spacecraft ready for launch
- 00:47 Two men charged with murder after death of man in Battersea
- 00:26 Talking Horses: Blinkered Cracksman remains a serious threat at Ascot
- 00:17 Killer sudoku 628
- 00:17 Sudoku 4196 hard
- 00:14 When do the clocks change and why do they go back every year?
- 00:13 Light party set to return with bishop
- 23:56 Ian Tomlin: Murder charges over Battersea father's death