Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
Charlton yesterday announced plans to pay tribute to PC Keith Palmer, the police officer killed in Wednesday’s terror attack in London.
The League One club have revealed Palmer was a longstanding season-ticket holder at The Valley.
As a mark of respect, a scarf has been laid on Palmer’s seat at the ground and will remain there until the club’s next home game against MK Dons on April 4.
A statement read: “It is with great sadness that the club has learned of the tragic news of the death of PC Keith Palmer, a loyal Charlton supporter and season-ticket holder, who lost his life as a result of... read more
- 00:44 British manufacturing output slips to ninth globally behind France
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line
- 00:22 Wedding bells - Hewson-Auty
- 00:22 Pick of picture houses for film buffs
- 00:22 Picture house and staff in roaring '20s
- 00:22 Where was the Woodman Inn?
- 00:22 Fantastic chance for chosen three
- 00:18 Sudoku 4,143 easy
- 00:18 Superfast broadband 'boosts UK business by £9bn'
- 00:18 Energy switch trial brings savings
- 00:18 Lowest-paid parents 'can't afford basic lifestyle'
- 00:12 Birmingham Prison taken over from G4S by government
- 00:12 Venezuela crisis: Brazil deploys troops after migrant attacks
- 00:09 WWE SummerSlam: Ronda Rousey sends fans into frenzy with Instagram...
- 00:07 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 00:06 Government steps in to take over 'appalling' Birmingham Prison
- 00:05 Youngsters found smoking cannabis in playparks will be marched home...
- 00:05 Jeremy Corbyn says Labour’s ‘industrial renaissance’ would help...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Cincinnati to complete...
- 23:58 Not one Arsenal player would get in Chelsea’s team, says...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic reacts to his record-breaking victory against Roger...
- 23:54 Mateo Kovacic reveals how Maurizio Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea