Facebook: too early to speculate on Premier League rights bid
Facebook’s sports chief said yesterday that it was too early to speculate if the social media platform will bid for the rights to show live Premier League matches - but refused to rule out the possibility.
Broadcasting rights for the 2019-2022 seasons will be up for auction early next year and there is speculation that tech giants such as Facebook and Amazon will compete alongside current holders Sky Sports and BT Sport.
While failing to confirm or deny the rumours, Facebook’s head of global sports partnerships, Dan Reed, did say that his firm’s newest innovation - the Watch tab, a home... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle