Facebook clamps down: Firm introduces new rules on who can cash in on ads, and reveals plan to add 3,000 content reviewers to fight 'hate speech'
Facebook has tightened its rules on who can make money from advertising on its network, responding to criticism that it is too simple for providers of fake news and sensational headlines to cash in.
The world's largest social network implemented the new standards with immediate effect to make it clearer which publishers can earn money on Facebook and with what content.
The new standards coincided with an appearance by Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg in Germany, one of Facebook's toughest critics on hate speech and safeguarding privacy.
THE NEW PLAN Facebook's guidelines for... read more
- 12:13 Even Brexiteers have a duty to support EU citizens
- 12:11 Barrow man, 23, took his own life after domestic incident - inquest
- 12:11 Barrow filmmakers set to accept applications from budding artists
- 12:11 Walney library to teach children about computer coding
- 12:11 UVHS student heading to Oxford after acing A Levels
- 12:10 Derelict Halifax nightclub to be transformed into 80-bedroom hotel
- 12:09 Arizona students' stand on gun control switches to voter registration
- 12:09 Elon Musk denies being ‘on weed’ when posting $420 stock tweet
- 12:09 A few changes...
- 12:09 Change your routine for dog’s sake
- 12:08 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:08 Man caught with 630,000 pictures of child sex abuse that he shared...
- 12:08 Up to 15,000 people expected at Doncaster Pride event
- 12:07 Annual celebration of Sunderland music talent returns with free...
- 12:07 Banbury Irish FC want to celebrate milestone with you
- 12:07 Over 800 people sign petition to save 200-year-old pub
- 12:06 These are each Royal Family member's A level results - Prince...
- 12:06 Motorist caught driving high on cocaine twice in 12 days
- 12:06 Burnley estate agent set to get fund raising idea off his chest
- 12:05 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Boston day nursery welcome Tae Kwon Do group
- 12:05 Drink driver gets three-year ban for offence in Boston
- 12:04 Darren Moore discusses Allan Nyom's imminent West Brom exit - and...
- 12:03 Ariana Grande's Sweetener track by track: The stories behind the songs
- 12:02 Lancaster councillor calls for internal inquiry after saucy emails...
- 12:02 My ex has a new partner but says he still loves me
- 12:01 Shots fired at houses in two parts of Doncaster
- 12:01 Rescuers highlight importance of work
- 12:01 Health union urges Scottish Government to break with pay review body
- 12:00 Officials release statement after large fire in Bracebridge Heath...
- 11:59 Durham sign banned Australia opener Cameron Bancroft for 2019 season