FA chiefs sorry after losing England boss but insist Sam Allardyce had to go
The men who decided England manager Sam Allardyce had to go made the painful decision in an effort to preserve the Football Association's integrity as "guardians of the game".
FA chairman Greg Clarke and chief executive Martin Glenn met with Allardyce at Wembley on Tuesday and left the "distraught" 61-year-old in no doubt he had reached the end of a short road with the national side.
Allardyce ultimately agreed to terminate his contract, having been left in an untenable position by a Daily Telegraph sting operation that captured him negotiating lucrative speaking... read more
- 16:53 New Lions ready to roar into action
- 16:51 Facebook working on ‘Time Well Spent’ feature to help tech junkies...
- 16:51 Ronnie Ortiz-Magro's ex Jen Harley arrested for 'beating up' Jersey...
- 16:51 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:51 TOWIE's Lauren Pope displays her gym-honed figure in skimpy striped...
- 16:51 Lucy Mecklenburgh sports a low-cut leopard print dress as she and...
- 16:51 Evangeline Lilly talks faith and fame as she slips into a bikini to...
- 16:50 Chelsea transfer news: Eden Hazard to Real Madrid ‘likely’, Man...
- 16:50 South Northants MP welcomes Euro Garage defeat
- 16:50 Pam celebrates her 102nd birthday at Old Dalby home
- 16:49 EYMS is looking for trainee bus drivers in Hull - here's how to apply
- 16:49 Bedworth murder: Four men arrested over death in flat
- 16:49 Tesco to scrap its price-matching ‘Brand Guarantee’ scheme
- 16:48 Bakewell school high-altitude pudding experiment lost in Lincolnshire
- 16:48 Boy airlifted to hospital after crash near Boston
- 16:48 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:47 Warning after spike in bike thefts in Castleford, Normanton and...
- 16:47 Ulverston gardens the pick of the bunch during open weekend
- 16:47 BBC Look North's Keeley Donovan reveals photos of her rustic...
- 16:47 Ilkeston cabbies to be trained to spot danger signs of abuse
- 16:46 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:46 New flats for the over 60s holding open days in North Tyneside
- 16:46 A whale of a time with North Shields exhibition
- 16:45 Love Island's Alex and Ellie in explosive row as he brands her...
- 16:45 UPDATE: Mum’s thank you after boy survives 40ft cliff plunge
- 16:45 Buzz Aldrin is suing two of his children over 'misusing' his finances
- 16:45 A colourful red panda has made an adorable debut at Chester Zoo
- 16:45 Private jet once owned by Elvis Presley for sale - again: 1962...
- 16:45 Man kept camera spying on wife for three years to try and catch...
- 16:45 Italian minister calls for migrant reception centres south of Libya