Ex-football stars with dementia 'forgotten' by authorities
A possible link between dementia and football is being "swept under the carpet" by the game's authorities, a leading Welsh psychiatrist has claimed.
Dr Don Williams, who led the first studies into the possible link, said it was a "big problem" in the sport.
The Football Association (FA) says studies so far were "inconclusive" but it wants to understand potential risks.
It comes as the family of an ex-Wales international said former players were being "forgotten" by the authorities.
Former Cardiff City defender Keith Pontin, was diagnosed with dementia... read more
- 15:28 Would you pay more Council Tax for more police officers in Derbyshire?
- 15:28 ‘We’ll do all we can to fight rural crime’ - Deputy PCC
- 15:28 Leeds-bound train passenger spat in guard's face in row over bike
- 15:27 Cheating wife, her lover and his daughter jailed over plot to...
- 15:27 How food partnership has helped transform Melton’s economy over...
- 15:26 How meme fashion is changing our clothes and breaking the internet
- 15:26 ‘Rescuing children almost tipped me over the edge’ Prince William...
- 15:26 Barack Obama thinks Donald Trump’s ‘mommy issues’ make him a...
- 15:24 Police appeal to identify man as part of purse theft investigation
- 15:24 When does the Thomas Cook Black Friday sale start and what can...
- 15:24 YouTube rapper ‘Tommy Armani’ jailed for brandishing ‘gun’ on the...
- 15:24 Project Feed Chorley: Can you help us build the town's new food bank?
- 15:22 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:22 Festive focus at Rushden Lakes’ Nene Wetlands
- 15:20 Agatha Christie webchat with Sophie Hannah – post a question now
- 15:20 Addleshaw Goddard’s Leeds office advised on deals worth more than £2bn
- 15:19 Labour MP tells court she doesn't know who drove speeding Nissan
- 15:19 Strictly Get Dancing raises thousands for children’s hospice
- 15:19 Afghanistan suicide bomber kills scores of Muslim scholars
- 15:18 Wyre sex abuse case coach jailed for 56 months
- 15:18 Trains cancelled at Kenilworth Station
- 15:18 Samsung Black Friday deals 2018 are here now and they are really good
- 15:16 Wales’ Leigh Halfpenny ruled out of Springboks match due to concussion
- 15:16 ECB secures £1.2m to help build network of 2,000 female coaches and...
- 15:16 Lancashire business group's appeals to the Government
- 15:15 Sugar tax on soft drinks raises £154m
- 15:15 Plea to help businesses on retail hub facing HS2 bulldozers
- 15:15 Buses replace Wigan trains as engineers carry out rail work
- 15:15 This is the sentence judge handed to brothers who killed Taimoor...
- 15:14 Transport spending in Yorkshire FALLS by £18 per person while...