Ex-City Fans United chairman Simon Olorenshaw pens open letter to Chester FC fans, owners and board
These are tough times for Chester FC .
Back-to-back defeats have left the Blues eight points from safety going into their final game of 2017 at home to Hartlepool United on Saturday (3pm).
It has been a year to forget. Chester, under Jon McCarthy and now Marcus Bignot, have won just eight of the 45 league matches they have played in the calendar year.
That has led to dwindling attendances at the Swansway Chester Stadium - 10 of the 14 games staged at the ground so far this season have been attended by fewer than 1,700 supporters - and, increasingly, ire from the fan base.
The Chronicle... read more
- 08:43 Live: A607 closed city bound after crash near Hobby Horse roundabout
- 08:43 Electrical fault caused fire at Blackpool hotel
- 08:40 Opinion: Education focus with Chris Head
- 08:40 Elena Ferrante: ‘Is there a formula for a lasting relationship?'
- 08:39 The Yorkshire-born California ex-millionaire now living on...
- 08:34 Woman sells her wedding dress with glorious rant on Facebook about...
- 08:34 Gianfranco Zola makes frightening Eden Hazard claim after literally...
- 08:32 Apprentice star opening new store in Mansfield today
- 08:29 Chelsea news: Sarri makes Morata admission, Messi and Hazard claim,...
- 08:27 Apprentice star opening new store in Mansfield today
- 08:24 Diplomats gather for UN summit – with Trump and his whims to take...
- 08:24 Build a wall across the Sahara? That's crazy – but someone still...
- 08:22 Wigan dad threatened to shoot doctors' surgery staff and patients
- 08:18 Hiking through holy history
- 08:18 Annual shoebox appeal for needy children launched in Banbury
- 08:18 Yorkshire campaigners call for review of Government's flagship...
- 08:18 The Yorkshire-born California ex-millionaire now living on...
- 08:18 Thirsk and Malton MP Kevin Hollinrake defends Universal Credit
- 08:15 Yorkshire campaigners call for review of Government's flagship...
- 08:12 Man Utd star Nemanja Matic donates £63,000 to child in need of...
- 08:10 Deadly killing rabbit virus suspected in Lincolnshire - here's what...
- 08:08 Cycling challenge bags £2.5k for charity
- 08:07 Lidl will no longer sell fruit and vegetables in unrecyclable...
- 08:07 Frank Warren: Anthony Joshua needs big knockout performance...
- 08:06 The Tayberry, Broughty Ferry (38/50)
- 08:06 Don’t let smart technology spoil the simple pleasures of cycling
- 08:06 A new era in whisky is dawning
- 08:06 Desert Island Chef: Callum Gilmour, The Saint, St Andrews
- 08:06 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis, Old Course St Andrews
- 08:06 Food blog: Brodie Williams