Everton news: Theo Walcott told Southampton he'd sign after club-record offer - Le Tissier
That is according to Sky Sports pundit and legendary Southampton forward Matt Le Tissier.
Southampton were one of a number of clubs linked with a move for Theo Walcott.
The England international left Saints in 2006 to join Arsenal and with his career at the Emirates clearly coming towards an end this season, the south coast club were desperate to bring him home.
However, Everton snuck in ahead of Mauricio Pellegrino’s side and signed the 28-year-old for £20million.
Le Tissier claims Walcott had made Southampton aware he was willing to rejoin the club.
But once Everton’s offer came in, there... read more
- 08:12 Euthanasia bill in doubt as two senators reverse position
- 08:11 Girl, 7, raped by priest in hospital among thousands of abuse cases...
- 08:11 Mother with advanced skin cancer blames sunbeds for the disease
- 08:11 Barcelona transfer news: Ernesto Valverde pushes ahead with raid...
- 08:11 Ross Bandstand backers pledge no increase in number of gigs
- 08:10 Salih Khater named as Parliament terror attack suspect - this is...
- 08:10 Broken down vehicle causing severe rush-hour disruption on South...
- 08:08 Scottish independence blueprint absent from SNP conference
- 08:07 Bristol Rovers accidentally screen Babestation during Carabao Cup...
- 08:07 Westminster could become pedestrianised following latest terror attack
- 08:07 Social stigma makes it difficult for male domestic violence victims...
- 08:05 Sneak peek inside Celebrity Big Brother 2018 house - take a look at...
- 08:03 Turkish lira crisis: Turkey raises tariffs on US goods – business live
- 08:03 I’ve rescued more than 50 girls from child marriages
- 08:03 'Despondent' man sparks rescue effort in St Annes
- 08:02 Broken down vehicle causing severe rush-hour disruption on South...
- 08:02 Westminster crash: Salih Khater named as suspect
- 08:01 ITV slammed for ‘insensitive’ reporting on Genoa tragedy
- 08:01 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho to let defensive duo decide their own...
- 08:01 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku claim made by Jose Mourinho
- 07:58 Officials warn public over use of toxic DNP drug
- 07:58 Children exposed to tobacco fumes are just as likely to develop...
- 07:58 Ebola fears in the Democratic Republic of Congo raised
- 07:58 Vaginal lasers CAN help with pain and dryness, doctors insist
- 07:56 Coventry traffic news: Ring road, M6, A46, A45, M69 and more
- 07:56 Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri decides to keep Ruben Loftus-Cheek...
- 07:55 This is how to get 20% off The Gazette and FREE delivery
- 07:55 'Despondent' man sparks rescue effort in St Annes
- 07:54 Emergency services called to Ackworth Co-op amid reports of...
- 07:52 Broken down vehicle causing severe rush-hour disruption on South...