EU withdrawal deal is 95% settled, Theresa May to tell Commons
Theresa May will tell the Commons on Monday that 95% of the Brexit withdrawal agreement and its protocols are settled as she seeks to demonstrate to anxious MPs in her own party that she is making headway in the increasingly fraught divorce talks.
The prime minister is expected to confirm she has resolved with the EU the future status of Gibraltar, developed a protocol around the UK’s military base in Cyprus and agreed a mechanism for resolving any future disputes with the EU.
Taking the unusual step of briefing planned remarks to the Commons in advance, May will conclude that “taking all... read more
- 13:24 Ronnie O’Sullivan responds to claim he ‘couldn’t be bothered’ to...
- 13:24 Timebomb ticking in river
- 13:23 Council leader wants Humber unity after Yorkshire devolution deal snub
- 13:23 Byredo Unnamed: Ben Gorham relaunches mystery fragrance
- 13:23 Who is Derek Hatton and why is he so controversial?
- 13:23 The government just admitted it owes 30,000 extra people ESA...
- 13:23 Heathrow says passengers can 'book with confidence', despite...
- 13:23 NHS prescription charges set to rise again
- 13:21 Timebomb ticking in river
- 13:20 Harry Potter director rolls out masterclass for students
- 13:20 Man injured after car and bike crash in Blackpool
- 13:20 South Yorkshire Police seek more specials to boost numbers
- 13:19 South Yorkshire Police seek more specials to boost numbers
- 13:19 Threatening vandal banned from keeping horses for five years
- 13:19 Heathrow says passengers can 'book with confidence', despite...
- 13:18 Unai Emery caught taking part in Arsenal training - Gunners fans...
- 13:15 Channel 4’s Location, Location, Location TV show looking for...
- 13:15 10 Leeds stabbings in six months: when and where each one happened
- 13:14 Heathrow urges passengers to continue to book flights despite...
- 13:13 Police give update on arrests after Liverpool vs Bayern Munich
- 13:13 Have your say at the Banbury police community forums
- 13:13 Fancy a dip in the North Sea? Students take the plunge in new...
- 13:12 Player of the year? How this Wolves man has become the most...
- 13:12 FMQs: Sturgeon slams "appalling" bedroom tax claims of Tory MSP
- 13:12 Vaughan Dowd admits scrawling 'No Blacks' on home of African family
- 13:12 The Jack Whitehall joke which topped fuming BRIT Awards viewers'...
- 13:11 MPs turn heat on ministers amid boiler installation slowdown
- 13:10 YP Letters: Is Honda collapse an opportunity for a British car maker?
- 13:10 Big in China? Leeds makes a splash on Chinese social media site...
- 13:10 Warwick District Council to draw up plan to improve energy...