EU citizens in UK allowed to bring family members until 2022 in event of no-deal Brexit
European Union citizens living in Britain will have until March 2022 to bring close family members to the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit, Stephen Barclay has announced.
The Brexit Secretary said EU citizens and their families would have until the end of December 2020 to apply for settlement status if Britain crashes out of the EU without a deal.
After March 29 2022, any family members, such as spouses, wishing to join EU citizens resident in the UK would have to apply under the new immigration system due to be introduced following Brexit, he explained.
Britain has pledged to protect... read more
- 07:26 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:25 Brexit weekly briefing: we now officially have two revolting parties
- 07:25 These are Harrogate District's 29 most high risk flooding hotspots
- 07:24 Chelsea fans will be ‘ripping their hair out’ - pundits BLAST Sarri...
- 07:24 Female teachers are ‘breaking the glass ceiling to find a...
- 07:24 Liverpool vs Bayern Munich: Sky Sports pundit makes Roberto Firmino...
- 07:23 Eleven held on suspicion of murder after stabbing in central London
- 07:22 Business lender opens Sheffield office due to ‘dynamic economy’
- 07:21 What is the weather expected to be like in Sunderland today?
- 07:21 The “Finn Watch” begins as star stand-off reports for Scotland...
- 07:21 HSBC profits hit by China slowdown
- 07:19 How to clean your vulva and vagina after Nunu on The Sex Clinic is...
- 07:18 Saints full-back Furbank has impressed Boyd since the start
- 07:16 Anarchy will continue to reign
- 07:16 Police release image of man following alleged rape incident
- 07:15 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:15 Police release image of man following alleged rape incident
- 07:13 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:12 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:12 Collision closes the A46 northbound in Nottinghamshire
- 07:11 Leeds news LIVE: M1 and M62 traffic updates | Weather forecast |...
- 07:11 RAC repair service broke down over an ‘easy to fix’ problem
- 07:11 Michael Gove vows to uphold food standards after Brexit
- 07:11 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:11 Josh Hawkes discusses Craig Hignett’s influence, penalty pressure...
- 07:10 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:10 Police search mounted for missing Doncaster man
- 07:09 SeaWorld rescue: People trapped on ride in San Diego
- 07:09 JPIMedia Brexit reporter is here to help
- 07:09 Taxi passenger travelling back from Northampton went to get fare......