Eric Morecambe’s widow burgled as she unveils new Morecambe and Wise statue
Burglars struck while Eric Morecambe’s widow was unveiling a new statue paying tribute to her husband and his sidekick.
Thieves broke into Joan Bartholomew’s house and stole precious items while she was away in Blackpool celebrating a new sculpture of Morecambe and Wise.
Joan discovered the break-in when she returned to her home in Harpenden, Hertfordshire where she lived with comedy legend Eric.
Thieves searched the house and stole watches and jewellery worth thousands of pounds, said a spokesman for Hertfordshire Police.
The spokesman said there was evidence of forced entry through the... read more
- 06:42 Vegetarian ‘traumatised’ after finding chicken head ‘frozen in a...
- 06:41 Design chosen for county-wide war memorial
- 06:41 Charity shop devastated by fire back in business
- 06:41 Matthew Bates closing in on signing number THREE at Hartlepool United
- 06:40 Cristiano Ronaldo: REAL reason revealed Man Utd are chasing Real...
- 06:39 Child mental health investigation: Big change to Oxfordshire...
- 06:39 Mother found hanged on country estate days after daughter...
- 06:39 Uber begins appeal to prove they are ‘fit and proper’ to operate...
- 06:38 Pro-Corbyn group to launch drive for public vote on Brexit deal
- 06:36 ‘A feeling of joy’ as Saudi women drive legally after ban lifted
- 06:36 Lesley Riddoch: Brexit is pushing us to independence
- 06:36 Anger over £15m spent by Scots NHS on taxi journeys
- 06:36 Top Scots food brands face bleak future in post-Brexit global trade...
- 06:36 Nicola Sturgeon to lead delegation to Berlin
- 06:36 Good weather brings out thousands to the Royal Highland show
- 06:35 Charity shop devastated by fire back in business
- 06:35 Funding issues for Sunderland schools is a ticking timebomb for the...
- 06:35 Whitburn villagers call for rethink on housing plan
- 06:35 Hospital staff have their say on services shake up
- 06:34 Brian Ferguson: Time to rip it up and start again on music policy
- 06:34 Spin and propaganda take centre stage for festival curtain-raiser
- 06:34 New names added to university’s First World War memorial
- 06:34 Warehouses and offices to be built on land once earmarked for...
- 06:34 Rural communities ‘left behind’ by Local Enterprise Parternships,...
- 06:32 RATS! Swarming vermin infesting Corby housing estate
- 06:32 Van Gogh leggings and Tracey teacups: how art tat broke out of the...
- 06:32 Man Utd legends Roy Keane and Gary Neville TRASH transfer target...
- 06:29 Shocking number of convicted criminals applying for teaching jobs...
- 06:29 ‘Too little attention’ to wild plant products
- 06:25 Star attraction: Royal Observatory seeks volunteers to use new...