Epic mobile bath mission passes through Wigan (he made a clean getaway)
A cyclist who has set himself the unusual challenge of riding from John O’Groats to Land’s End in a bathtub has passed through Wigan.
Stuart Kettell came through the borough at the weekend during his epic 1,000-mile journey from the tip of Scotland to Cornwall.
An eagle-eyed resident spotted the unusual vehicle’s progress in the area and posted it on social media.
Stuart is pedalling a recumbent cycle which has been converted into a bathtub, complete with a fluffy flying duck called James Pond and an exhaust pipe firing out bubbles.
He is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 06:07 Childhood obesity rates in Hartlepool are among the highest in England
- 06:07 Hartlepool students return from African adventure with new outlook...
- 06:07 Chelsea news: Blues could LOSE ‘unhappy’ N’Golo Kante due to...
- 06:02 Helen Martin: Bosses! You need to listen to your frontline staff
- 06:02 Robert Aldridge: Jacob Rees-Mogg still insists on ‘Tinkerbell Brexit’
- 06:02 New hires broaden boundaries at tech firm
- 06:02 MPs push for research on antimicrobial resistance
- 06:02 Brian Monteith: Embattled Theresa May tangled up in her own red lines
- 06:02 Labour calls for end to cashpoint charges
- 06:02 Axe council tax to secure budget deal, demand Greens
- 06:00 Jayne Dowle: Fear of Yorkshire’s strengths reveals Westminster’s...
- 06:00 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:59 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:56 US throws diplomatic support behind Macedonia name change
- 05:52 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:48 Andy Dalton hair: NFL Twitter fans LOVE Cincinnati Bengals star’s...
- 05:48 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:45 Skyscanner’s Williams invests in Kindaba venture
- 05:44 Bootle is 150 years old and this is why people are so proud of it
- 05:44 Beaten, urinated on and sexually assaulted - calls to protect...
- 05:44 Sexting, guns and racial abuse - why so many Mersey kids are...
- 05:38 In the courts of Lincolnshire
- 05:38 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:37 Addict stole baby clothes to fund heroin habit, court is told
- 05:34 Here’s what the weather holds in store for us this fine Monday
- 05:26 Scott Morrison's national apology to Australian survivors and...
- 05:25 Steph Curry fuels conspiracy theories as Panthers overturn 17 point...
- 05:19 YEP says: Let’s hear it for our Leeds curry houses this National...
- 05:19 NHS trusts braced for worse winter than last year
- 05:18 David Beckham and Victoria in home raid terror as masked thugs try...