England's cancer shame: Eight out of 10 NHS groups are letting down patients with substandard care
Cancer patients are being let down with poor survival rates, late diagnosis and delays to treatment, a damning report has revealed.
More than eight out of 10 NHS bodies were found to be providing sub-standard services, in the first report of its kind released today.
It followed a pledge by Jeremy Hunt to change England's position as having one of the poorest cancer survival rates in Europe.
The Health Secretary vowed to root out doctors who cost patients' lives by failing to send them for vital hospital tests soon enough.
Following the inspections, the country's 209 clinical commissioning... read more
- 05:34 What Ant McPartlin and Lisa Armstrong can learn from my...
- 05:25 Trial of doctor, 85, puts Spain in dock over ‘stolen babies’
- 05:25 Toronto pay-what-you-can store aims to tackle landfills and hunger
- 05:25 London still the most desirable city for overseas workers
- 05:16 Where to celebrate National Heritage Day in Burton, Uttoxeter,...
- 05:08 The golden rule
- 05:04 Here's how your charity can get a free website designed by 77...
- 04:54 Co-op Funeralcare undertakers' fury over huge pay cut or redundancy...
- 04:54 Golfer bags hole-in-one while completing gruelling 10 rounds in one...
- 04:54 Scot stunned after pal flies 4000 miles to tell him 'you're it' in...
- 04:54 'Limbs in the loch' monster William Beggs must die in jail says...
- 04:54 Roadchef workers hope 20-year battle over unpaid millions will...
- 04:54 Family honour 92-year-old D-Day survivor after fatal motorbike crash
- 04:54 'It bit and tore into my arm' Postman tells of terrifying ordeal as...
- 04:50 English bulldog Zsa Zsa scoops World's Ugliest Dog top prize
- 04:40 Prince William continues Middle East tour
- 04:20 Stormy Daniels 'to meet prosecutors on Michael Cohen case'
- 04:14 Doctor on trial over Spain 'stolen babies' scandal
- 04:14 The Indian actresses caught in a US 'prostitution' racket
- 04:14 Burning Cameroon: Images you're not meant to see
- 03:56 Big Partnership in bumper bonus pay-out
- 03:53 Donald Hall, US poet laureate and prize-winning man of letters,...
- 03:53 Roseanne Barr apologises in teary interview: 'I've made myself a...
- 03:47 Hollywood film wants YOU to star alongside Margot Robbie and get paid
- 03:08 NSW display class, style and flamboyance in State of Origin win
- 03:07 What’s in a wink? Lessons from Clinton, Corbyn and Rihanna
- 02:41 'I trusted my daughter's abuser with my life'
- 02:41 Scottish trade delegation heads to Berlin
- 02:41 Questions over Swansea Bay tidal lagoon decision delay
- 02:36 'New Zealand wants you': the problem with tech at the edge of the...