England could struggle at World Cup 2018 because players are already close to burnout, claims Fabio Capello
Former England manager Fabio Capello has warned burnout could be the biggest problem for the Three Lions in Russia.
Capello led England to the 2010 tournament in South Africa, reaching the last 16 before going down 4-1 to a superior Germany side.
The Italian coach is impressed with the quality of Gareth Southgate's revamped squad but hinted the lack of a winter break in the Premier League, one of his bugbears when he held the post, could hamstring them at the competition.
Speaking to FIFA.com, he said: 'For this World Cup, England have youngsters with great talent and knowledge.
'It is... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle