End of a unique journey for Joan
FROM her first tour to Fort William, in Scotland, to her last in Llandudno, in Wales, a holiday courier has travelled the length and breadth of Britain with family-run Henley-in-Arden firm Johnsons Coach and Bus Travel.
But now after 60 years, she has decided to hang up her clipboard. When Joan Johnson joined the business in 1956, after marrying Roy Johnson, the firm was only operating three coaches, a furniture removal lorry and a taxi.
Mrs Johnson juggled bringing up her five children with office work and coach driving. Joan was also one of the first female coach drivers in the UK.
Her... read more
- 11:13 Stacked up on sun cream? Here are seven things you didn't know...
- 11:13 Can sunscreen stop you from getting a tan?
- 11:12 Mystery over sudden death of boy, 3, who went to sleep and never...
- 11:12 Dog gets jaw and tongue stuck in toy she only had for 30 minutes
- 11:12 Morley RFC welcomes new chair and president with family day
- 11:11 Eighty-two chihuahuas found at Birmingham house
- 11:11 More rare dormice released into the wild
- 11:11 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:10 Gareth Southgate would not swap Harry Kane for anyone
- 11:10 Fantastic family fun on the canal
- 11:10 Inquest adjourned following sudden death of Barrow dad, 45
- 11:09 Stop your dogs biting us, plead postmen after 2,300 attacks in...
- 11:09 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:08 Witness appeal after theft and fraud in locations including village...
- 11:08 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 South Korean piano star Yeol Eum Son to stun East Neuk Festival...
- 11:07 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:07 Woman arrested for attempted murder after incident near pub
- 11:06 Arriva launching Uber for buses in Liverpool
- 11:06 'Blowtorch' UK heatwave could reach temperatures of 35C
- 11:06 How was your weekend running?
- 11:06 Hero dad saved 11-year-old boy from horrifying dog attack in park
- 11:06 Stay BBQ safe during summer heatwave
- 11:06 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:05 REVEALED: Full list of planned roadworks in Yorkshire over the...
- 11:05 Nigerian music star D'banj's son 'drowns at home'
- 11:05 VOTE: Where are the best al fresco restaurants in Lancashire?
- 11:03 Grayling says "I don't run railsways" as he distances himself from...
- 11:03 Music review: Lulu, Kelvingrove Bandstand, Glasgow
- 11:03 West Ham's ex-Burton Albion loanee wanted by Dutch Eredivise side