Elon Musk offers to dig a tunnel through a mountain like it’s no big deal
Elon Musk has offered to dig a tunnel right through the middle of a mountain at a ‘bargain’ price.
The billionaire was tweeted by Australian MP Jeremy Buckingham, who wants to cut congestion in Sydney.
‘I’m a lawmaker in Sydney, which is choking with traffic,’ he wrote in a tweet which tagged Musk as well as The Boring Company.
‘How much to build a 50km tunnel through the Blue Mountains and open up the west of our State?’ he asked.
Musk immediately swung into action and replied: ‘About $15M/km for a two-way high-speed transit, so probably around $750M plus maybe $50M/station.’
This offer... read more
- 00:34 Stun-gun kidnapping of Chinese student alarms Canada
- 00:33 Eve Myles and Moby for Hay Festival line-up
- 00:31 South Tyneside shop workers urged to report abuse after 'worrying'...
- 00:31 Blackfriar: Persimmon's new management team promises a brighter future
- 00:28 Picture gallery and video: Andy's Hospice Tractor Road Run 2019
- 00:18 What you need to know about new porn rules that come into force in...
- 00:17 Cash fears as third of Scottish banks lost
- 00:16 Curb bosses’ pay or risk breakdown of trust in capitalism, MPs warn
- 00:10 Man given 3% chance of surviving car crash set to run six-day...
- 00:09 The web burglars trying to break in every second
- 00:09 How a Chinese firm fell victim to intellectual property theft
- 00:09 Airlines keeping safety training 'to an absolute minimum'
- 00:09 Top bosses' £4m pay packet ‘damaging’ to UK reputation
- 00:04 Queensland to end private jails experiment after scathing report
- 00:03 Flash floods kill at least 17 in southern Iran
- 23:59 Southfield School in Kettering shut because of ‘incident’
- 23:58 Arsenal to rival PSG for Manchester United contract rebel Ander...
- 23:58 Zinedine Zidane tells Real Madrid to smash transfer record to sign...
- 23:53 Callum Hudson-Odoi dazzles in the limelight on his first England start
- 23:46 Picture gallery and video: Andy's Hospice Tractor Road Run 2019
- 23:45 Body found in woods confirmed as missing boy, 16, last seen...
- 23:30 Democrats refuse to retreat on Trump legal issues despite Mueller...
- 23:24 Housebuilder unveils £150m project after acquiring 135-home site
- 23:23 Louise Redknapp makes 9 to 5 musical debut after horror fall
- 23:23 Raheem Sterling speaks out on racist abuse and explains goal...
- 23:20 Patient with Down's Syndrome dies as hospital leaves him without...
- 23:13 Mum’s warning after daughter was strangled to death by baby monitor...
- 22:59 Cristiano Ronaldo provides injury update after limping out of...
- 22:56 The indicative vote options as MPs aim to break Brexit deadlock
- 22:52 McCarthy urges Republic of Ireland fans to leave tennis balls at home