Efforts to tackle deprivation in Northumberland
More than half of the households in Northumberland are affected by at least one of the four conditions of deprivation measured in the last Census.
However, only five per cent are affected by three or four, which is lower than the regional figure of seven per cent and the England average of six per cent.
The four conditions are: unemployment or long-term sickness; no person in the household having at least a level two qualification (eg, a GCSE at grade A to C); one person in the household having a bad/very bad health problem; or the household being overcrowded.
In terms of the Index of... read more
- 20:08 Austrian authorities raid far-right group over alleged links to...
- 20:08 West Ham face calls to condemn Democratic Football Lads Alliance
- 20:08 Eight degrees and windy in Durham: the cricket season is here
- 20:08 Ambulance called out to incident on The Moor in Sheffield
- 20:08 Alastair Cook makes it a knight’s tale with supreme century for Essex
- 20:05 Former Barclays trader guilty of Euribor rate-rigging
- 19:59 ‘Drugged driver told cops fake pee found in car was for sex...
- 19:57 Pret a Manger and Krispy Kreme owners discover disturbing Nazi past
- 19:57 Shoppers’ paradise: Harrogate leads the North in UK ranking of...
- 19:54 Finalists meet ahead of awards ceremony
- 19:53 ‘Shameful’ - Nearly half a million food parcels handed out in...
- 19:50 Five jailed over bid to smuggle £112m of cocaine into UK
- 19:50 Conor McGregor reportedly under investigation for sexual assault
- 19:50 More Scots students going to university, but college numbers fall
- 19:47 National Action trial: Accused 'posted about lesser races online'
- 19:47 Developers accused of 'segregating' children at London playground
- 19:47 Wembley heart-break for Leeds United - Football Manager 2019...
- 19:47 Aston Villa legend wades into England racism row
- 19:44 Women jailed for ‘deplorable’ attack on man during a party at his...
- 19:42 Disguised pair Lee Charlesworth and Yahya Yussuf jailed over...
- 19:41 Breakdown on M1 tonight closes lane between junctions for...
- 19:41 A&E departments in two London hospitals saved from closure
- 19:41 New York county bans unvaccinated children from public spaces amid...
- 19:40 Brexit: Petition to revoke Article 50 to be debated next week
- 19:39 Man hit in eye with POOL CUE after AVFC v Birmingham City derby
- 19:39 Hull plumber's weeks-old business in jeopardy as thief steals...
- 19:38 Autonomy executives fudged revenues from clients, court told
- 19:37 Breakdown on M1 tonight closes lane between junctions for...
- 19:36 Use stop and search in schools to tackle knife crime, MP suggests
- 19:35 Shoppers’ paradise: Harrogate leads the North in UK ranking of...