Edinburgh residents: Do I need planning permission to change my listed building?
Question: I have lived in my Category B listed building in Helensburgh for two years but it is now time to bring it up to standard for modern day living. Before I go ahead and start making changes – some structural, some decorative – I’m aware that works to listed buildings require extra consent. Please can you shed some light on this?
ANSWER: A lot of decoration and modernisation work can be carried out without listed building consent or planning permission but some alterations will require consent to be granted by the local planning authority before you start work.
Listed building consent... read more
- 15:02 Leeds United’s season unlikely to be affected by fate of Eleven Sports
- 15:01 Man died after 'dismissive' 999 controller sent Scots police to...
- 15:00 Work is on track at St Anne's Library
- 15:00 Warning to Calderdale's vulnerable ahead of weather warning
- 15:00 Find out how your child's school performed in latest league tables
- 15:00 Wetherby roadworks delays expected
- 14:59 Here are dozens of job vacancies at Derbyshire companies
- 14:57 Wetherby roadworks delays expected
- 14:55 Eco-friendly pupils commit to a greener lifestyle
- 14:55 Wetherby roadworks delays expected
- 14:54 Arsenal wonderkid Emile Smith Rowe explains why he rejected Barcelona
- 14:54 Family pays tribute to 12-year-old boy killed in Kirklington crash
- 14:54 London's Black Cultural Archives get £200,000 stopgap funding for...
- 14:54 Capital hotel eyes growth after seven-figure refit
- 14:52 When is the next UK general election and could it be brought forward?
- 14:52 Man finds dad’s body buried in basement 57 years after he ‘walked...
- 14:52 Norovirus: Children banned from Northumbria hospital visits
- 14:52 Lack of evidence for teething gels, medicines regulator says
- 14:51 Sunderland Primary Schools Key Stage 2 Performance Tables 2018:...
- 14:51 Frank O’Donnell: responsible businesses are gaining competitive...
- 14:51 Have your say in survey on policing and crime
- 14:50 Could Postmaster salary cuts be causing Harrogate Post Offices to...
- 14:50 Goals cheers 50th football centre milestone
- 14:50 $esc.html($content.name)
- 14:49 Rough sleepers in Sheffield ‘choosing’ to spend nights on the streets
- 14:48 Footie plan could save Wigan green site
- 14:48 The hilarious roadwork sign poking fun at the Hull accent
- 14:48 Could Postmaster salary cuts be causing Harrogate Post Offices to...
- 14:46 Emily Atack coming to Corby
- 14:46 Frugal billionaire Donald Trump recycles unwanted Christmas presents