Edinburgh music institution Ripping Records to close after 41 years
It was the independent music store that provided generations of the Capital’s music lovers with the “golden tickets” for their dream gigs.
From The Rezillos to Robbie Williams, Oasis at Loch Lomond to the very first T in the Park – Ripping Records was the place to go.
Now the shop will play its final encore this month with the curtain set to fall on Saturday, November 26 as it closes its doors for good.
Owner John Richardson has decided to retire after 41 years of crystal-clear, high fidelity that has seen the independent store stave off the threat from the majors like HMV and Virgin while... read more
- 00:23 Reece Prescod: ‘I want to run sub-10 seconds for the 100m at every...
- 00:23 Manu Tuilagi ready to make ‘explosive’ England comeback, says...
- 00:22 Putin warns West on Balkans as Serbia prepares lavish welcome
- 00:21 Hermes: Where the luxury giant is an industry outsider
- 00:13 Why are the Chinese buying fewer cars?
- 00:13 Commuters and students 'short-changed by the government'
- 00:13 Retailers told to clean up act over fake faux fur
- 00:13 No-deal Brexit warning for UK drivers
- 00:13 Housing market outlook worst 'for 20 years'
- 23:57 School's protective fence plan prompts neighbour complaints
- 23:57 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:54 Residents' rage over garage forecourt facelift
- 23:49 Larry Nassar case: University head John Engler 'set to resign'
- 23:48 Former West Indies coach Stuart Law says old charges can trouble...
- 23:48 Professional rider Mason Lowe dies after bull steps on his chest at...
- 23:47 Chelsea keen on £40m deal with Everton… but Kurt Zouma is part of...
- 23:42 Harry Redknapp’s granddaughter Molly 'dating' I'm A Celeb's Malique...
- 23:41 US to begin INF treaty pullout next month after Russia missile...
- 23:41 Pranksters defend spreading fake news of Trump's departure
- 23:41 Top North Korean officials reportedly set for Washington visit
- 23:41 Greek PM wins confidence vote after Macedonia name crisis
- 23:36 Football Leaks: 'Suspected hacker' detained in Hungary
- 23:29 Hillsborough trial hears how risk of Liverpool fan crush was 'obvious'
- 23:29 Clubber Mohammed Abdul who drove car onto dancefloor banned from roads
- 23:29 Shoreham Airshow crash pilot Andrew Hill played 'fast and loose'...
- 23:29 Meghan Markle's £25 H&M dress sends internet into frenzy - and you...
- 23:29 Bury Council commits to becoming a plastic free community
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: HRH Princess Anne heads for the Farne Islands to visit...
- 23:18 IN PICTURES: Princess Anne visits St Aidan's Church in Bambrgh
- 23:15 US 'probes Huawei for trade secret theft'