Edinburgh man feared dead in shark attack
A Scottish man feared killed by a shark has been named by the authorities on Reunion Island.
Richard Martyn Turner, 44, of Edinburgh, vanished on Saturday while snorkelling off the Pacific island.
A severed arm was found inside a dead tiger shark and island prosecutor Eric Tuffery said a preliminary investigation showed it belonged to Mr Turner.
The shark was examined on Wednesday and a wedding ring was found inside.
It is believed Mr Turner was on holiday with his wife.
Mr Tuffery said further tests, including DNA matching, would be used to confirm the identification.
A Foreign and... read more
- 17:58 Castle of Light, Edinburgh
- 17:40 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Alan Gibbons, writer
- 17:40 Poetry on the Picketline Under the Acacia Tree, by Joy Johnson
- 17:40 Books Time to repossess our common treasury
- 17:11 Europe’s largest light and lantern festival in Heaton Park
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why Iâm Voting Labour: Attila the Stockbroker
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm Voting Labour: Ra Page, publisher Comma Press
- 17:07 Election 2019 Why I'm voting Labour: Zita Holbourne, artist, writer...
- 17:05 Stratford Foodbank users soar in number
- 17:05 Two Stratford schools among top ten in West Midlands
- 16:50 Why Martin Lewis thinks it's time to ban buying Christmas presents
- 16:50 The W London: Boistrous Britannia
- 16:42 Evolution, Acosta Danza review: the Cuban master's showcase
- 16:02 Paedophile took pictures up young girls' skirts in Asda
- 16:02 Manchester Arena tragedy: inquiry waiting for police evidence
- 14:52 On Bear Ridge review: bleak laughs in a Welsh dystopia
- 13:08 Sex offender jailed for breaching order
- 13:08 Girl, 8, asks Santa for 'warm jacket' in heartbreaking Christmas wish
- 13:08 Taber looking forward to seeing Cubs develop to full potential
- 13:08 Calls for women to have leading roles at Stratford District Council
- 12:05 Mothercare launches Black Friday sale with items up to half price
- 12:05 Six months of overnight lane closures to allow for M60 improvements
- 11:57 Why running out of fuel could land you with a hefty fine
- 11:57 Angry TSB customers left without wages in their accounts
- 10:52 Festive interactive storytelling to entertain kids in Lichfield
- 10:17 Hospice hosts services in Lichfield for people to remember loved ones
- 10:17 Cameras removed from Burntwood car park after complaints
- 09:16 Motorists facing delays of 30 minutes on the M66