Ebola vaccine approved as second jab trialled
A second Ebola vaccine is to be offered to around 50,000 people in the Democratic Republic of Congo, as part of a major clinical trial.
The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccine will be used alongside a vaccine made by Merck, which has already been given to around 250,000 people.
Merck's jab has now been approved by the World Health Organization.
More than 2,100 people have died in DR Congo, in the second largest Ebola outbreak on record.
The WHO's approval of Merck's one-dose vaccine is based on it being satisfied of its safety and efficacy. The European Commission has also approved the... read more
- 01:37 Post Office IT fiasco: 'Decade of hell' for accused
- 01:30 Old mill could be converted into a new restaurant
- 01:12 General election 2019: What's it like to lose your seat as an MP?
- 01:12 General election 2019: Ten lesser-known MPs to keep an eye on
- 01:12 Blyth Valley: A constituency that changed its mind
- 00:59 Boozy santas look worse for wear as they hit the streets for London...
- 00:56 Boris Johnson reiterates opposition to second Scottish independence...
- 00:38 How Africa will be affected by climate change
- 00:37 New Robroyston station opens as rail timetables change
- 00:33 Alex Rodda: Man charged with murder over Cheshire boy's death
- 00:26 If the Brexit debate is over, the car industry’s problems are just...
- 00:25 Eliud Kipchoge: ‘Mo Farah did not fail in the marathon. I respect him’
- 00:15 Observer killer sudoku
- 00:15 Observer sudoku
- 00:10 What's inside the bright purple tent on the M62
- 00:10 Paedophile couple who filmed sick sexual abuse of children and baby...
- 00:06 Man,18, charged with murder after missing teen’s body found on...
- 00:05 Sean Batty to take on Susan Calman in Hogmanay party TV ratings battle
- 00:02 'She shouldn’t be taken for granted': White Island after the...
- 23:57 Albania earthquake: Arrests over deaths in collapsed buildings
- 23:51 Erling Haaland has told Ole Gunnar Solskjaer he wants to sign for...
- 23:43 British tourist fatally shot in robbery outside Buenos Aires hotel
- 23:31 UK election shows centre-left can't win by 'preaching' to base,...
- 23:25 Raymond van Barneveld bows out with loss to Darin Young in final match
- 23:25 Harry Dunn’s mother ‘distraught’ at footage of US suspect back...
- 23:25 Jeremy Corbyn finally says sorry for election disaster in open letter
- 23:15 New Zealand volcano disaster: recovery team unable to find last two...
- 23:09 How the Arsenal board have rated Freddie Ljungberg’s start to life...
- 22:55 Tactical voting was set to be Remainers’ saviour, so what went wrong?
- 22:55 Dominic Cummings: If Leave had lost Brexit vote, I’d have queried...