E.coli bug found in 11% of private water supplies
Concerns have been raised about the “poor quality” of private water supplies in Scotland after tests found the E.coli bug present in more than one in ten of them.
Quality checks on private water supplies used by businesses or serving more than 50 people found 11 per cent did not comply with expected standards.
A total of 3.6 per cent of the population get their water from a private source, not provided by Scottish Water, but many more people rely on them when visiting more remote and rural parts of Scotland.
READ MORE: Edinburgh set for first hi-tech Scottish Water top-up taps
A total of... read more
- 10:20 Here's a few photos from the Warwick Christmas Regency Ball
- 10:20 Another successful year for Warwick's Christmas Regency Ball
- 10:19 Dying neighbour leaves girl presents for 14 years
- 10:18 Jose Mourinho: Man Utd SACK boss after Liverpool defeat - Club...
- 10:18 This is when your bin will be emptied over Christmas and New Year...
- 10:18 Here's a few photos from the Warwick Christmas Regency Ball
- 10:18 60 MPs urge PM to rule out 'no-deal' Brexit to save manufacturing
- 10:18 'What is there to fear?' Liverpool fans have plenty to say about...
- 10:18 Manchester United next manager odds: One clear favourite to replace...
- 10:16 No room for the Christmas crib at Crossgates shopping centre
- 10:16 Las Vegas museum buys Titanic captain’s mirror sold at auction in...
- 10:15 Bishop of Coventry's Christmas message
- 10:15 This unusual weather phenomenon will dump TORRENTIAL rain on...
- 10:14 Manchester United axe Jose Mourinho
- 10:13 Substance misuse support in Doncaster
- 10:13 Harrogate panto live streamed to hospital
- 10:11 Neglected children in Doncaster at risk of significant harm
- 10:10 Youngsters are bonfire safety Bright Sparx
- 10:10 Fresh Prince actor sues Fortnite for use of 'iconic' Carlton dance
- 10:10 Police want to speak to this man after garden furniture theft in...
- 10:10 'Major incident' as lorries topple on Larne to Cairnryan ferry
- 10:10 Government still committed to net migration target - Brokenshire
- 10:10 'Alcohol is no excuse for violence' say police and campaigners...
- 10:10 Appeal aims to feed homeless Hartlepool pets this Christmas
- 10:09 Roadworks in Radford Semele causing delays for motorists
- 10:07 Woman dies in Alcester car crash
- 10:07 Untold story of extravagant Leicestershire mansion unearthed by author
- 10:07 Lorry driver manages to drive the wrong way for THREE MILES on A1
- 10:07 Energy shakeup could cut bills by £45 a year
- 10:07 Neglected children in Doncaster at risk of significant harm