Dying mum can fulfil dream to see Northern Lights in Scotland
A mum-of-four given just months to live will be able to fulfill her bucket list wish to see the Northern Lights thanks to generous donations.
Joy Attwood, 47, was diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago before being given the all-clear.
But after collapsing at her brother’s wedding, doctors discovered the cancer had returned and she was told in October last year that she had just months left.
Her devastated family set up a fundraising page to cover the costs of her funeral and to raise enough money so the Wawne mother could achieve her lifelong dream of taking her children to see the... read more
- 12:38 The Sleeping Beauty
- 12:38 Police say body found in Humber remains unidentified in new update
- 12:37 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:37 Police caught Derbyshire drug-user after he was smoking cannabis at...
- 12:36 Only way to restore our prestige and avoid international...
- 12:36 Climate shift means end of the road for cars and more investment in...
- 12:36 Conservation gains but farm advice pains in North York Moors...
- 12:36 Supermassive black hole at Milky Way’s centre linked to mysterious...
- 12:36 Woman's terror as South Shields house attacked and car damaged
- 12:36 Can’t sing? There’s a choir being set up in Doncaster for tone deaf...
- 12:35 Samworth students are fit for business in young enterprise scheme
- 12:35 Man, 20, found guilty of pensioner's 'brutal' murder after burglary
- 12:33 Ex-firefighter embarks on new career as a train driver
- 12:32 Twin town project success
- 12:31 New charity shop with coffee bar set to open at Asfordby
- 12:31 How and why Yorkshire must lead the way in tackling air pollution –...
- 12:31 Previews Arts ahead: March 21, 2019
- 12:30 Internationally-renowned Derbyshire tourist attractions appeal for...
- 12:30 Great Horwood teenager presents Harry Kane with player of the year...
- 12:30 Firm radiates with pride over Queen’s Award
- 12:30 New plans for £4m medical centre to replace GP surgeries revealed
- 12:29 Residents' shock after Ashfield Co-op targeted by armed robbers
- 12:29 'We are petrified every day' - Stourbridge residents react after...
- 12:29 First picture of Arthur 'Bob' Gumbley's twisted killer Jason...
- 12:29 Wigan Council reclaim £2m in overpaid housing benefits
- 12:27 Miners pension campaigners optimistic after meeting minister
- 12:27 Remainer Nottinghamshire residents gearing up for People’s Vote march
- 12:27 Knife pressed against 13-year-old girl in Kettering
- 12:26 Plans for new centre at heart of IAMP set for £33million boost: Key...
- 12:26 ‘Boom’ This is the EFL update Birmingham City fear most