DUP: EU Irish border claim is 'astonishing confidence trick'
The Democratic Unionist party has accused the EU of an “astonishing confidence trick” on the UK government by claiming the Irish border problem is a roadblock to an overall Brexit deal.
The remarks by Sammy Wilson, the DUP MP for East Antrim, come just hours after the party, which is propping up Theresa May’s government, threatened to sabotage the Brexit negotiations by voting down her budget later this month. In a further warning shot against the government’s bows, the DUP abstained in a vote on the agriculture bill on Wednesday night.
Wilson said it was to “everyone’s amazement the... read more
- 04:49 China buys US soybeans for first time since trade war
- 04:48 Sondra Locke, actor and former partner of Clint Eastwood, dies at 74
- 04:46 Police seize drugs, weapons, sims, fermenting equipment and...
- 04:31 Wild weather continues with severe thunderstorm warning for much of...
- 04:31 Surveillance fears grow after Taylor Swift uses face recognition...
- 04:26 Leicester Grammar School acting headteacher sacked over...
- 04:26 Heartbreaking reason former Leicester City football hooligan is...
- 04:18 Indian national jailed over sex assault on US flight
- 03:44 Queensland prison guards giving inmates drugs and weapons, damning...
- 03:16 Synthethic cannabis makers face life in jail amid New Zealand...
- 02:58 Boy, 4, uses Siri to call 999 call after mum collapses
- 02:49 Why David De Gea is yet to sign a new deal at Manchester United
- 02:49 Police mocked for sharing stern-faced photo of ‘El Cheapo’ $70...
- 02:42 Jensen claims his title following late drama
- 02:31 'The saddest image': courtroom sketch captures Michael Cohen's bad day
- 02:29 Emmanuel Macron to face no confidence vote
- 02:20 Cashless welfare card trials extended despite 'no evidence' they...
- 02:20 Antarctica deaths: no foul play suspected in deaths at McMurdo station
- 02:20 New gangs 'Uberise' Europe's cocaine supply and bring more violence
- 02:06 Manchester United ready to smash Virgil van Dijk’s transfer record...
- 02:06 The Yorkshire Post says: Impact of Brexit planning on Government...
- 02:05 Climate change: 'Hell to pay' if COP24 talks fail
- 01:59 Sheffield tree felling compromise agreement
- 01:59 Three-fold increase in children referred to anti-terrorism scheme
- 01:59 Cardinal Vincent Nichols denies sex abuse 'cover-up'
- 01:59 Southwest Airlines flight U-turns after human heart discovery
- 01:52 Why is Jeremy Corbyn not trying to topple Theresa May right now?
- 01:52 Meat or two veg? Find out your food's climate footprint
- 01:52 Christmas Jumper Day: Who wins, retailers or charity?
- 01:52 Letter to Santa found after 120 years on display in Canterbury