DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: How to get others to see your point of view
How do you change someone’s mind? It doesn’t matter how many facts you present to them, or how much evidence you give to show that they’re wrong, most of the time you’ll be unsuccessful.
It’s a phenomenon that has long baffled psychologists because it makes no sense. Our great intellectual capabilities are supposed to give us the capacity to assess and evaluate evidence and come up with a rational conclusion. Yet, time and again, this is shown to be not the case.
For those working in public health, this has important consequences.
Take the MMR vaccine scandal. Although the link between the... read more
- 15:24 Plan to build new health centre on site of former care home in...
- 10:27 Freemason grant gives big boost to carer group
- 15:24 Leeds Festival to offer emergency contraception to attendees
- 10:27 EasyJet to sue over French air strikes
- 06:13 Martyn McLaughlin: Media must cover Trump with purpose and aggression
- 15:24 Stratford crowned Wildmoor League champions for 16th year in a row
- 15:24 Brace yourself motorists! Major delays predicted on roads during...
- 10:27 Hull man Barry Lyons beat, kicked and threw his dogs outside -...
- 15:24 £19m investment boost for Morecambe Bay hospitals
- 15:24 Leeds Festival to offer free emergency contraception to attendees
- 15:24 Fall in house prices in Nottinghamshire
- 15:24 Fire on train travelling to Chesterfield causes massive delays
- 17:17 Saints farewell interview: Rob Horne
- 15:24 Leicester man dies after car and taxi crash that closed London Road...
- 15:24 Speed limits around roadworks on motorways set to increase
- 10:27 The poisonous plants that could harm your children - and the...
- 10:27 University of Cumbria summer graduation: Can you spot yourself in...
- 15:24 Desperate thief had no money
- 07:28 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery contacts Steven Nzonzi as...
- 10:27 Elland doctor's surgery put up for sale after closure
- 17:17 This is why Yorkshire does not currently have a hosepipe ban
- 10:27 Centre Stage final to decide pick of bands
- 15:24 Exhibition to mark 50th anniversary of Royal Regiment of Fusiliers
- 15:24 Man found with indecent images of children is told 'treatment is...
- 10:27 Families facing 'postcode lottery' with holiday childcare costs
- 10:27 'Parbold pong' is getting worse
- 15:24 Harrogate Town FC partners with private hospital to protect...
- 15:24 Quiz: Which Love Island contestant are you?
- 10:27 Special Tramlines fundraiser in memory of Sheffield dad who died...
- 15:24 Lincolnshire Adidas, Nike, Hugo Boss counterfeiters sentenced after...