Dozens of citizens let down as ‘exceptional’ number of decisions deferred
Dozens of Sheffield citizens left a public meeting after a number of important items were pushed back, in some cases for a second time. The public seats of Sheffield Town Hall’s conference room were packed out by people wanting to share their views and hear decisions on a number of important plans at a Highways and Planning committee meeting.
But an ‘exceptional’ number of the items were pushed back after officers failed to present accurate reports or finish assessments.
The main issues pushed back were about a huge student development on Sylvester Street, a controversial battle over... read more
- 02:27 This is the latest high street chain set to open a store in...
- 02:27 Who’s been sentenced at Northampton Magistrates’ Court
- 01:36 Tom Richmond: Dodging urgent questions on Universal Credit – Esther...
- 01:33 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:31 David Behrens: It takes a lot less than 20 minutes to demolish the...
- 01:16 One Nigerian woman's mission to save Lagos beaches and turtles from...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: A shop window. The true value of...
- 01:15 The Yorkshire Post says: The national interest. One Yorkshire...
- 01:07 Birmingham wall collapse death families 'await answers'
- 01:07 Rose-coloured starling watchers descend on house near Norwich
- 01:04 Chelsea to thrash Man Utd, Wembley embarrassment, West Ham impress...
- 01:04 Chelsea vs Man United: Maurizio Sarri makes surprise admission...
- 01:03 Woman turns to Facebook to find a sperm donor
- 01:03 Chris Pine kept up Scottish accent after filming
- 01:03 Living outside Scottish cities 'saves money'
- 01:03 Jasmine Rook: Falmouth student and transgender campaigner took own...
- 01:03 Wrong-name Cambridge Half Marathon winner can re-apply
- 00:57 LINCS LEAGUE: Fixtures
- 00:57 Facebook fake review factories uncovered by Which? investigation
- 00:57 The People’s Vote march: when, where and why it is happening
- 00:52 Fake moon: Could China really light up the night sky?
- 00:52 Mission to Mercury: BepiColombo spacecraft ready for launch
- 00:47 Two men charged with murder after death of man in Battersea
- 00:26 Talking Horses: Blinkered Cracksman remains a serious threat at Ascot
- 00:17 Killer sudoku 628
- 00:17 Sudoku 4196 hard
- 00:14 When do the clocks change and why do they go back every year?
- 00:13 Light party set to return with bishop
- 23:56 Ian Tomlin: Murder charges over Battersea father's death
- 23:49 Jose Mourinho admits he would ‘love’ to have Eden Hazard at...