Dow Jones index SHOCK warning: US 'underestimated' volatile market which is 'here to stay'
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell to 24,345.68 at the close of the trading day after falling a huge 4.6 per cent drop during the trading session.
An expert has claimed the “volatility” is expected to continue and explained “nothing” was done when the index soared over the past four weeks.
Steven Wieting said: “These are very fast moving markets. I have to think… what are folks really doing in the last few minutes of trading and what is the impact on markets.
“Over the short run, you can sell all you want. Fundamentally things do not change over the last couple of days.
“I think that... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 00:14 REVIEW: Poptastic Steps wow crowds at Lytham Festival
- 00:14 Pizza, popcorn - Sleights pupils’ sleepover at school raises more...
- 00:14 Victim speaks out after sex attacker jailed for 23 years
- 00:14 New low for Northants as they are beaten by Derbyshire
- 00:14 Police make second arrest in Shaun Lyall death
- 00:14 Headteacher says councillors 'must do better' after branding his...
- 00:14 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news and travel
- 00:14 Steelbacks set to make more changes for Bears battle