Doncaster woman joins hundreds of women in Parliament blockade
A woman from Doncaster was among hundreds of women who staged a blockade of Parliament and forced a road to be closed in a pension protest. Scores of protesters blocked the road outside the Houses of Parliament yesterday as part of a protest against changes to their pensions.
The protest aimed to draw attention to the women affected by the rise of the state pension age, from 60 to 66.
READ MORE: Anti-fur demo at opening of new Doncaster Flannels branch
Police were forced to close a section of Parliament Street after traffic was brought to a standstill by protesters sitting in the road.
The... read more
- 16:15 Some St Helens children facing Christmas on the streets
- 16:15 Nominate your favourite Arriva bus driver!
- 16:15 In My View by Dave Kelly: The Premiership misses Leeds United
- 16:15 8,000 toys donated at Salvation Army service
- 16:15 Halifax man now charged over murder of Bradford pensioner who was...
- 16:15 Scarborough Primary Schools Key Stage 2 Performance Tables 2018:...
- 16:14 The 22 new UK laws coming into effect in 2019 that you need to know...
- 16:14 Derbyshire police chief hits back at county council leader’s claims...
- 16:13 Jaguar Land Rover crisis deepens as Brummies react to 400 agency...
- 16:13 Halifax man now charged over murder of Bradford pensioner who was...
- 16:13 Win a bay for your sleigh with free parking in Burnley
- 16:13 Two prolific Burnley burglars jailed
- 16:12 The 9 new laws about jobs coming into force in 2019
- 16:12 Christmas message from police at the heart of Harrogate area community
- 16:12 Defending champion Rob Cross ‘playing at 20%’ going into PDC World...
- 16:12 European parliament censures Czech PM in unprecedented move
- 16:10 Travellers who have been on Northampton park for nearly a month...
- 16:10 Christmas message from police at the heart of Scarborough community
- 16:10 Martin Glenn: Football Association’s chief executive resigns
- 16:09 Section of 'smart' motorway on M1 in Leicestershire is now open,...
- 16:09 Sheffield Council to fell fewer street trees in bid to resolve...
- 16:08 Paedophile prisoner from Shirebrook pleads guilty to more sexual...
- 16:07 New year treat in store
- 16:06 LEADER'S VIEW: Don't let Brexit hide good things being done in Bury
- 16:06 Hartlepool primary schools Key Stage 2 performance tables: Here are...
- 16:05 South Tyneside primary performance tables: How your school rated
- 16:04 'My young Sri Lankan husband left me with nothing'
- 16:04 Ginger-haired boy writes poem to bullies who told him he should die
- 16:04 Prevent scheme: Extreme right-wing referrals up by 36%
- 16:04 HMP New Hall: Prison officer Iain Cocks jailed for four years