Doncaster taxis fares increased as council bosses hike prices due to ‘inflation’
Catching a taxi in Doncaster is set to become more expensive after bosses hiked prices. Old rates started £3.80 adding £1.60 for every mile. But new prices will start at £4.05 for the first mile and £1.70 per mile after that for Hackney carriages licensed by Doncaster Council.
Night rates - which come into force between the hours of 11pm and 6am - are 20 pence more expensive than day rates.
Customers who vomit, soil or urinate themselves will also pay more. Fines have risen from £35 to £37.
Waiting times have also gone up to 32 pence a minute.
Bosses say the price hikes equate to an... read more
- 10:01 Manchester Arena bombing: Pre-inquest review into victims' deaths...
- 10:01 UK retail sales in steepest drop since March
- 10:00 Man seriously ill after attack in Barnsley
- 09:59 Banksy: How Love is in the Bin's shredding did not go to plan
- 09:59 In pictures: The changing face of hospitals in Leeds over the years
- 09:59 Residents Against Rudd Quarry Extension to hold public meeting
- 09:58 Scrutiny Panel wants ‘evidence and reassurance’ over Louth Hospital...
- 09:57 Israel embassy move: Morrison says there's no evidence 'at this...
- 09:56 Stephanie Davis admits heartbreaking alcoholism, depression and...
- 09:56 Call for action after rise in religious hate crime incidents
- 09:56 Aston Villa loan man: 'I didn’t really get my chance in the UK'
- 09:56 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:55 Ex-USA gymnastics president arrested over Larry Nassar evidence
- 09:55 Online aggression skews debate over suspended West Ham youth coach
- 09:55 Cipriani misses out but Morgan earns call-up for England's autumn...
- 09:54 Moving tale of a World War One tragedy told through the mournful...
- 09:54 All your favourite jazz and blues classics
- 09:54 Abbey Consort concert marks the end of WW1
- 09:54 Manchester Arena bombing: Pre-inquest review into victim's deaths...
- 09:54 Delays on M1 southbound due to broken down vehicle
- 09:54 Two people rescued from house fire in Daventry
- 09:54 Baby ballet helps Tommy’s
- 09:54 Work finally set to start on lifts at Lichfield Trent Valley station
- 09:53 Plenty of reflection at arts circle
- 09:53 Pregnant Meghan Markle wears unusual necklace on Royal Tour to...
- 09:53 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...
- 09:53 Ben Roberts: Why plastics play such an important environmental role
- 09:52 Red Kangaroo fire: What if you had a booking?
- 09:51 Theresa May 'losing support of colleagues' over Brexit concessions
- 09:50 Nostalgia: Starting a French tradition at Parklands High School in...