‘Don’t panic’ – Sheffield Supertram boss seeks to allay concerns over future of tram network
A transport boss has sought to allay concerns over the future of Sheffield’s beloved Supertram – after it was revealed the network could be axed unless the Government stumps up £230 million. South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive said the current trams are 'coming to the end of their working life' after more than 20 years’ service but there is not currently any money set aside to replace them.
READ MORE: ‘Three men stabbed in Sheffield suburb’
SYPTE is set to apply for £230 million funding from the Department for Transport which would allow the tram system to keep running for another... read more
- 07:03 One step closer to new council-owned company to replace Arch
- 07:03 Legal bills for council trio facing High Court action start to rack up
- 07:03 Giving NHS staff the freedom to speak up
- 07:02 Hull Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 06:58 Niqab ban ‘violates’ human rights as UN orders compensation for...
- 06:56 Broken down train causes problems for passengers to and from Sheffield
- 06:55 Meghan Markle rushed out of market by bodyguards over ‘security risk’
- 06:55 Child rapists crimes were so horrific that a judge walked out of...
- 06:55 Experts finally work out purpose of mystery relic found under York...
- 06:55 Theresa May faces showdown with Tory MPs as Brexit worries grow
- 06:52 Middlesbrough need more quality, says Tony Pulis after four and...
- 06:50 It’s all change at the top at RAF Coningsby
- 06:41 Unsinkable idea: Australian billionaire refloats dream to build...
- 06:40 Popular pub worker needed 13 stitches and left unable to smile...
- 06:38 Thomas Blyth: Sowing the CeeD of opportunity for the Capital
- 06:38 Country diary: the magical mushroom biology of the fairy ring
- 06:38 REVEALED: These are Lancashire's top 10 vehicle crime hotspots
- 06:37 Living with cancer? There’s help at hand in Hartlepool
- 06:37 Hartlepool school’s eco warriors collect a hat-trick of awards
- 06:37 Legal guidelines see man cleared of coercion charges
- 06:37 Family of X Factor Star Molly Scott tell of ‘emotional...
- 06:37 Santa Claus is coming to town for Hartlepool festive favourite
- 06:36 Wednesday’s best TV: Trevor McDonald and the Killer Nurse; The...
- 06:35 Civic hounour for Hebburn football stars
- 06:35 Family hope to trace cancer victim’s former workmates
- 06:35 Football club’s community programme creates first job
- 06:35 Top designer gives traditional Customs House panto magic touch
- 06:35 Hartlepool school’s eco warriors collect a hat-trick of awards
- 06:35 Hospital bosses under fire over staff parking charges
- 06:32 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho reveals the ONE player that Red Devils...