"Don't fall victim to fraudsters": advice to Cumbria's farmers awaiting CAP payments
Cumbrian farmers are being urged to take simple steps to ensure they do not to fall victim to fraudsters.
The warning from Action Fraud - the national fraud intelligence bureau - looks to protect farmers as they expect to receive CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) payments this month.
A statement from Action Fraud says: "This is to provide knowledge and prevention advice to farmers in order to protect themselves from falling victim to ‘Payment Diversion Fraud’.
"CAP (Common Agricultural Policy) payments are expected to be paid to farmers in December 2017.
"Information on last... read more
- 03:06 Top police commander praises witnesses who helped victim in Asda...
- 19:31 Dates set for TWO demonstrations to force disgraced MP Andrew...
- 19:00 Scottish Government tourism campaign accused of ‘pushing SNP message’
- 19:01 Premier League transfer news: Lewandowski, Malcom, Ospina
- 19:31 Mum says school is like a 'prison' as son, 7, is kept in at break...
- 00:14 Three arrested after shots fired in Leicester city centre
- 19:00 Guns drawn as armed police surround car in Coventry street
- 00:15 Multiple theories of how to tackle Carnoustie reach no firm conclusion
- 19:31 Fake news claiming Rowan Atkinson has died are 'linked to scam' and...
- 18:59 Man dies after being knocked down in shopping centre car park
- 18:59 Developer ups social housing offer for student flats complex
- 03:06 Labour celebrates victory in Besses by election
- 17:26 Tax payers left to cover Government funding cuts for Derbyshire Police
- 19:31 Watch terrified mum and tot flee car as dad hauled out in violent...
- 19:00 Death driver suspect appears in court over Foleshill crash
- 17:19 Murder and manslaughter rates revealed by police for every area of...
- 19:31 Compromise over 'ridiculous' plans to close popular riverside...
- 18:59 Brother pays tribute to 'kind, caring and fearless' Sheffield...
- 17:26 Widow has bank account frozen for WEEKS after mystery deposit...
- 18:59 Ambulance staff to press on with strikes
- 20:58 Summer getaway warning as motorists face 'frantic Friday' congestion
- 18:59 Lancashire recommends... the best children's play parks in Lancashire
- 17:19 Dinosaurs on prowl in garden at Harlow Carr
- 17:19 Special 50p coin sold on eBay for hundreds - but do you have one?
- 00:15 Graffiti gang who caused £77,000 worth of damage to trains across...
- 18:59 'My daughter died on a school trip - but no one has ever said sorry...
- 18:59 Plaque honour for Sooty's 70th birthday
- 00:14 Youths go on smashing spree in Peterlee
- 19:31 'I don't know where I am' Harrowing final call of drunk teen who...
- 17:19 Hotel Chocolat 'homing in' of new Halifax store