'Don't blame the ambulance service - it's the arrogance of the general public'
Many of you have come out in support of East Midlands Ambulance after we reported how an injured female motorist was left lying on the pavement and had to wait fours hours for an ambulance.
EMAS apologised for the delay on Saturday following the incident at the junction of Oxford Street and Victor Street, explaining that a large number of patients in Lincolnshire who called for help were in cardiac arrest, suffering a stroke, or were unconscious and had to take priority.
"We continue to see an increase in demand on our service and our commissioners have agreed to a capacity and demand... read more
- 14:59 The latest odds on Love Island winners - and they may surprise you
- 15:00 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 15:00 11 ways to treat sunburn including using tea, milk and yogurt
- 15:00 Scores of parents fail to get their child into the school of their...
- 14:59 KFC fans think the Double Down burger is returning after cryptic hint
- 14:59 You can buy giant white chocolate Freddos here in the UK
- 14:58 Americans have most inclusive attitude to immigrants, global study...
- 14:58 RAF veteran couple are together forever
- 14:56 Dog owners urged to consider their pets as heatwave looks set to...
- 14:56 11 ways to treat sunburn including using tea, milk and yogurt
- 14:56 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:55 New 3D reconstruction reveals Julius Caesar basically looked like E.T.
- 14:54 Private equity house Maven injects £1.6m into drug firm
- 14:55 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:54 Daventry animal-lovers can help rescue pets
- 14:52 11 ways to treat sunburn including using tea, milk and yogurt
- 14:51 Young North East Lincolnshire councillors praised by Prime Minister
- 14:51 Missing Whitehaven woman, 37, found
- 14:51 Student designs hit the catwalk
- 14:50 Youngsters from schools in Leamington and Warwick celebrate...
- 14:49 Retiring Tom Shaw had hoped to end his playing career at Chester FC
- 14:50 11 ways to treat sunburn including using tea, milk and yogurt
- 14:49 Hatton Garden Job v King of Thieves – which trailer steals the swag?
- 14:49 Here's how long the heatwave will last in the South of England
- 14:48 Drink-drive farmer banned
- 14:48 WATCH: Workers put Armed Forces Day flag at top of 518ft Blackpool...
- 14:48 Support for England squad sees Wigan duo jet into Russia
- 14:47 Morrisons' paper bag switch is bad for global warming, say critics
- 14:47 Poodle who could barely see because of his matted hair found dumped...
- 14:46 Anger over alleged bus fare increases across Sheffield