Dog walker MISTAKES a grenade for a potato and takes it home
A dog walker nearly had her chips after mistaking a grenade for a potato.
Terri-Jade Barwell, 30, took home the spud-like object dug up by her pet, Marriott – only to be told she and her house could have been left in taters.
The 30-year-old joked: “I could have taken my whole family out. Marriott is always digging up stuff and when he dug up this it just looked like a potato.
“I thought, ‘I’ll have a look at that later’ and put it in my bag.”
The dog had found the device in a freshly ploughed field, where Terri was walking him, with her other two dogs.
When she got home, she left it and... read more
- 00:37 Our sporting pride
- 00:37 Leigh strike late to break Trojan hearts
- 00:32 Soup kitchens and start-ups: Greek bailout era ends
- 00:30 Rogue states and terrorists could use technological advances to...
- 00:29 'It never entered my mind that I wasn't coming back'
- 00:28 Demand for answers over controversial rail police merger
- 00:28 Jeremy Corbyn accused of betrayal over post-Brexit ‘renaissance’...
- 00:27 Colombia's improbable reef offers hope for coral worldwide
- 00:27 Gladbeck: The deadly hostage drama where the media crossed a line
- 00:22 Wedding bells - Hewson-Auty
- 00:22 Pick of picture houses for film buffs
- 00:22 Picture house and staff in roaring '20s
- 00:22 Where was the Woodman Inn?
- 00:22 Fantastic chance for chosen three
- 00:18 Sudoku 4,143 easy
- 00:18 Superfast broadband 'boosts UK business by £9bn'
- 00:18 Energy switch trial brings savings
- 00:18 Lowest-paid parents 'can't afford basic lifestyle'
- 00:12 Birmingham Prison taken over from G4S by government
- 00:12 Venezuela crisis: Brazil deploys troops after migrant attacks
- 00:09 WWE SummerSlam: Ronda Rousey sends fans into frenzy with Instagram...
- 00:07 Evidence in the bones reveals rickets in Roman times
- 00:06 Government steps in to take over 'appalling' Birmingham Prison
- 00:05 Youngsters found smoking cannabis in playparks will be marched home...
- 00:05 Jeremy Corbyn says Labour’s ‘industrial renaissance’ would help...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic beats Roger Federer in Cincinnati to complete...
- 23:58 Not one Arsenal player would get in Chelsea’s team, says...
- 23:58 Novak Djokovic reacts to his record-breaking victory against Roger...
- 23:54 Mateo Kovacic reveals how Maurizio Sarri convinced him to join Chelsea
- 23:45 Gary Neville rates Manchester United’s chances of winning the title...