Dog bites cyclist near riverfront in York
A dog chased a cyclist on a football pitch and bit his leg in York.
North Yorkshire Police is appealing for witnesses and information about an incident at the football pitch near to the cycle track in between the church on Leeman Road and Scarborough Bridge at around 10.45am on Thursday.
A man was cycling onto the pitch in order to get to the riverfront, when a loose dog chased after him and bit his right leg.
Halloween: Ten of Yorkshire’s most haunted buildings
The owners were "abusive and aggressive towards the male and refused to provide any details," North Yorkshire Police... read more
- 13:23 Council leader wants Humber unity after Yorkshire devolution deal snub
- 13:23 Byredo Unnamed: Ben Gorham relaunches mystery fragrance
- 13:23 Who is Derek Hatton and why is he so controversial?
- 13:23 The government just admitted it owes 30,000 extra people ESA...
- 13:23 Heathrow says passengers can 'book with confidence', despite...
- 13:23 NHS prescription charges set to rise again
- 13:21 Timebomb ticking in river
- 13:20 Harry Potter director rolls out masterclass for students
- 13:20 Man injured after car and bike crash in Blackpool
- 13:20 South Yorkshire Police seek more specials to boost numbers
- 13:19 South Yorkshire Police seek more specials to boost numbers
- 13:19 Threatening vandal banned from keeping horses for five years
- 13:19 Heathrow says passengers can 'book with confidence', despite...
- 13:18 Unai Emery caught taking part in Arsenal training - Gunners fans...
- 13:15 Channel 4’s Location, Location, Location TV show looking for...
- 13:15 10 Leeds stabbings in six months: when and where each one happened
- 13:14 Heathrow urges passengers to continue to book flights despite...
- 13:13 Police give update on arrests after Liverpool vs Bayern Munich
- 13:13 Have your say at the Banbury police community forums
- 13:13 Fancy a dip in the North Sea? Students take the plunge in new...
- 13:12 Player of the year? How this Wolves man has become the most...
- 13:12 FMQs: Sturgeon slams "appalling" bedroom tax claims of Tory MSP
- 13:12 Vaughan Dowd admits scrawling 'No Blacks' on home of African family
- 13:12 The Jack Whitehall joke which topped fuming BRIT Awards viewers'...
- 13:11 MPs turn heat on ministers amid boiler installation slowdown
- 13:10 YP Letters: Is Honda collapse an opportunity for a British car maker?
- 13:10 Big in China? Leeds makes a splash on Chinese social media site...
- 13:10 Warwick District Council to draw up plan to improve energy...
- 13:10 Rob Cross to BEAT Michael van Gerwen? Premier League Darts shock...
- 13:09 Is Guinness vegan?